To overclock Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge you should have a rooted device, a Clockworkmode recovery installed, and a right Kernel for tweaking CPU.
About Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge
- Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge is another flagship phone by Samsung which is specially designed for performance lovers.
- It comes with a display of 5.5-inch with a resolution of 1440 x 3040 pixels.
- This device is powered by Samsung Exynos 8 Octa 8890 chipset with a RAM of 4GB and storage of 32GB.
- When it comes to the camera it has 12MP for the rear and 15MP as the selfie camera.
- Lastly, Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge is powered by a 3600mAh Non-removable battery.
What are the advantages and disadvantages of overclocking?
- The common advantages of overclocking are the increased performance of the hardware component such as a processor and RAM.
- Overclocking is generally performed by gamers who want to increase the performance of their graphics cards.
- Furthermore, if overclocking is done correctly is very beneficial.
- The one and only disadvantage of overclocking are overheating.
- The overheating is the only result of overclocking because other hardware components such as RAM are also involved in the process which makes the process more heated up.
- In addition, if the process of overclocking is not properly performed on your Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge it may result in destroying.
- Furthermore, for performing overclock or any other adjustments you need to root your Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge.
- Finally, After successfully rooting your phone you have installed a CPU manager application. You can use apps such as SetCPU and Kernel Auditor.
Remember: Overclocking can be hazardous, Do your own research and we are not responsible for any damages
Instructions to overclock Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge
- Download the Kernel for Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge which supports overclocking from XDA-developers.
- Now connect your Huawei device with Computer with a USB cable.
- Copy the kernel to your SD card’s root.
- Reboot your device and enter into recovery mode and make a backup to serve as the contingency.
- Now select Wipe Cache to give a clean cache while flashing the kernel.
- “Install from Zip card” Select zip file from SD where you have copied the kernel file. Once the selected process of installation will start and will take 5-10 minutes to complete.
- All done, Reboot the device
- Now we have to set up the clock speed of the device.
- Lastly, Download SetCPU Set your device’s clock speed.
We have discussed Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge and its specifications. The process of overclocking is successfully discussed above which can be resulting in extra performance. However, overclocking is beneficial if done correctly and equally hazardous if done wrong.