We will explain HP 250 G6 Boot from USB guide which can work for Windows and Linux. So without wasting time lets discuss USB boot guide for your HP 250 G6.
What is Boot from USB?
- It is a process of starting a Computer operating system from the USB drive.
- Booting from USB enables to get booting information in a USB rather than using a hard disk or the CD drive.
- All new operating systems support to boot from USB in HP 250 G6.
About HP 250 G6
- HP 250 G6 comes with 15.6-inch HD LED-backlit display with the resolution of 1,366 x 768 pixels.
- It is powered by Intel Celeron Dual Core N3060 processor with 4GB DDR4 RAM and 1TB storage.
- The graphics are powered by Intel HD graphics.
- It has a 3-cell Li-ion battery which runs for a considerable period of time.
- Lastly, the laptop is powered by Windows 10 pro and weights around 2.1KG.
Advantages of Booting from USB?
There are many advantages of Booting from USB over other booting options such as DVD and other which are discussed below,
- No need to purchase any blank CD and you can fill your own stuff along with the ISO file.
- USB Drives are reusable
- Faster read and write than CD
- Very convenient and portable
Disadvantages of Booting from USB
- Booting from USB is depended on the Hardware such as BIOS, motherboard and flash drive model as it may be working with one computer and refuses to another.
- CD has wider support and USB boot functionality is not available for may operating system.
Ways to Boot From USB in HP 250 G6
1. HP 250 G6 USB using Rufus
[su_button url=”https://www.infofuge.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/01/rufus-3.4.exe” target=”blank”]Download Rufus[/su_button]
- After installing Rufus simply select the ISO file from the file manager and accept all settings when the popup window appears.
- Select MBR partition scheme for BIOS or UEFI and If your laptop has UEFI bios then select the other two options.
- For the Filesystem select NTFS option and select if your PC has UEFI bios then select FAT32.
- The default Cluster size option should be selected.
- Make sure all three options including Quick Format, Create a Bootable disk using and Create extended labels and icon files are selected.
- Finally, start the process and this software will automatically format and create bootable USB flash drive.
2. HP 250 G6 Boot from USB using Unetbootin
UNetbootin enables you to create a bootable USB drive for Live operating system for Ubuntu and other Linux distributions. To create a Bootable Live USB drive follow the instructions below,
[su_button url=”https://www.infofuge.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/01/unetbootin-windows-661.exe” target=”blank”]Download UNetbootin for Windows[/su_button]
- UNetbootin installs the Linux Distros ISO files for you if you want to use your own downloaded ISO file then follow instructions below,
- To use already downloaded ISO file select the disk image option and provide the location of the file by clicking “…”.
- After selecting the Linux Distribution or ISO file Format your USB drive as FAT32.
- Target the USB drive on your HP 250 G6 and click on OK.
- The process will automatically start and in case the installation doesn’t complete you can reformat USB as FAT32.
3. By using Universal USB Installer
[su_button url=”https://www.pendrivelinux.com/universal-usb-installer-easy-as-1-2-3/” target=”blank”]Download Universal USB Installer[/su_button]
- Using the Universal USB Installer is the easiest way to create a live Linux USB or bootable USB.
- All you need to do is selecting the ISO file, your Flash Drive and, finally, Click Install.
- The process will automatically start and you will receive a ready bootable USB Flash Drive.
Change boot-order to boot from USB in HP 250 G6
- Turn your HP 250 G6 off
- Now connect the bootable USB stick to the port.
- As soon as you click on the power button start pressing Esc button or any other button provided by the manufacturer to Enter into BIOS.
- From the Menu Press F9 to open Boot Device options
- If you can see your USB device in the Boot sequence select it.
- Finally, Reboot your Laptop
Read also –
Now what? Read some installation guides,
- How to install Ubuntu on HP 250 G6 from USB + Dual Boot Windows
- How to install Windows 7 on HP 250 G6 from USB
Discuss any problem on Infofuge and start by [su_button url=”https://www.infofuge.com/questions/ask”]Asking a Question[/su_button]