Here is the Huawei MateBook E Boot from USB. There are many ways to boot from USB for installing Windows 10, Ubuntu, Arch Linux or any other Linux Distro.
About Huawei MateBook E
- Huawei MateBook E comes with a 12-inch IPS display with a resolution of 2160×1440 pixels.
- It is powered by the Intel Core i5 processor, 8 GB of RAM and storage of 512GB.
- The graphics in Huawei MateBook E are powered by Intel HD 615.
- It has a Battery of 4430 mAh.
- Finally, Windows 10 is pre-installed.
What is Boot from USB?
- It is a process of starting a Computer operating system from the USB drive.
- Booting from USB enables to get booting information in a USB rather than using a hard disk or the CD drive.
- All new operating systems support to Boot from USB in Huawei MateBook E.
Advantages of Booting from USB?
There are many advantages of Booting from USB over other booting options such as DVD and other which are discussed below,
- No need to purchase any blank CD and you can fill your own stuff along with the ISO file.
- USB Drives are reusable
- Faster read and write than CD
- Very convenient and portable
Disadvantages of Booting from USB
- Booting from USB is depended on the Hardware such as BIOS, motherboard and flash drive model as it may be working with one computer and refuses to another.
- CD has wider support and USB boot functionality is not available for may operating systems.
Ways to Boot From USB in Huawei MateBook E
1. Huawei MateBook E Boot from USB using Rufus
- After installing Rufus simply select the ISO file from the file manager and accept all settings when the popup window appears.
- Finally, start the process and this software will automatically format and create a bootable USB flash drive.
2. Huawei MateBook E Boot from USB using Unetbootin
UNetbootin enables you to create a bootable USB drive for the Live operating system for Ubuntu and other Linux distributions. To create a Bootable Live USB drive follow the instructions below,
- UNetbootin installs the Linux Distros ISO files for you if you want to use your own downloaded ISO file then follow instructions below,
- To use already downloaded ISO file select the disk image option and provide the location of the file by clicking “…”.
- After selecting the Linux Distribution or ISO file Format your USB drive as FAT32.
- Target the USB drive on your Huawei MateBook E and click on OK.
- The process will automatically start and in case the installation doesn’t complete you can reformat USB as FAT32.
Change boot-order to boot from USB in Huawei MateBook E
- Turn your Huawei laptop off
- You will need to disable secure boot inside the boot menu.
- Now connect the bootable USB stick to the port.
- To enter the BIOS menu, Press the power button and press the F2 button.
- Finally, Reboot your Laptop
- Now you can Boot from USB in your Huawei MateBook E.
Read some installation guides