We will explain iBall CompBook M500 Boot from the USB guide which can work for Windows and Linux. So without wasting time lets discuss USB boot guide for your iBall CompBook M500.
What is Boot from USB?
- It is a process of starting a Computer operating system from the USB drive.
- Booting from USB enables to get booting information in a USB rather than using a hard disk or the CD drive.
- All new operating systems support to boot from USB in iBall CompBook M500.
About iBall CompBook M500
- iBall CompBook M500 comes with a 14-inch HD display with a resolution of 1920 x 1080 pixels.
- It is powered by 2.4GHz Intel Celeron N3350 processor with 4GB DDR3 RAM and 32GB Storage which is expandable to 128GB.
- The graphics are powered by Intel HD Graphics 400 GPU.
- Finally, Windows 10 Home is pre-installed.
Read More about iBall CompBook M500
Advantages of Booting from USB?
There are many advantages of Booting from USB over other booting options such as DVD and other which are discussed below,
- No need to purchase any blank CD and you can fill your own stuff along with the ISO file.
- USB Drives are reusable
- Faster read and write than CD
- Very convenient and portable
Disadvantages of Booting from USB
- Booting from USB is depended on the Hardware such as BIOS, motherboard and flash drive model as it may be working with one computer and refuses to another.
- CD has wider support and USB boot functionality is not available for may operating systems.
Ways to Boot From USB in iBall CompBook M500
1. iBall CompBook M500 Boot From USB using Rufus
- After installing Rufus simply select the ISO file from the file manager and accept all settings when the popup window appears.
- Select the MBR partition scheme for BIOS or UEFI and If your laptop has UEFI bios then select the other two options.
- For the Filesystem select NTFS option and select if your PC has UEFI bios then select FAT32.
- The default Cluster size option should be selected.
- Make sure all three options including Quick Format, Create a Bootable disk using and Create extended labels and icon files are selected.
- Finally, start the process and this software will automatically format and create a bootable USB flash drive.
2. iBall CompBook M500 Boot from USB using Unetbootin
UNetbootin enables you to create a bootable USB drive for the Live operating system for Ubuntu and other Linux distributions. To create a Bootable Live USB drive follow the instructions below,
- UNetbootin installs the Linux Distros ISO files for you if you want to use your own downloaded ISO file then follow instructions below,
- To use already downloaded ISO file select the disk image option and provide the location of the file by clicking “…”.
- After selecting the Linux Distribution or ISO file Format your USB drive as FAT32.
- Target the USB drive on your iBall CompBook M500 and click on OK.
- The process will automatically start and in case the installation doesn’t complete you can reformat USB as FAT32.
3. By using Universal USB Installer
- Using the Universal USB Installer is the easiest way to create a live Linux USB or bootable USB.
- All you need to do is selecting the ISO file, your Flash Drive and, finally, Click Install.
- The process will automatically start and you will receive a ready bootable USB Flash Drive
Change boot-order to boot from USB in iBall CompBook M500
- To change the boot order in iBall CompBook M500
- First of all, turn off your Laptop or restart it
- Then to enter into UEFI BIOS Press Del or Esc key as soon as iBall Logo appears. In case, you have not entered into BIOS restart your Laptop and retry with the Del or Esc key or other key provided by Manufacturer
- It will show the Boot Sequence where you can change using +/- keys to the USB drive.
- Save, Reboot.
Read some installation guides –
- How to install Kali Linux on iBall CompBook M500 from USB
- Install Ubuntu on iBall CompBook M500 + Dual Boot Windows
- How to install Windows 7 on iBall CompBook M500 from USB
Discuss any problem on Infofuge and start by