The process of installing LineageOS 16 on Huawei Mate 20 Pro is similar as for other Huawei models. Since an official development for this phone is not available in the market, we will let you know the process to install it. Many users have asked about installing LineageOS 16 on Huawei Mate 20 Pro on Infofuge so we will be discussing this process.
About Huawei Mate 20 Pro
Huawei Mate 20 Pro is a flagship smartphone from Huawei. It has produced one of the most advanced and classy phones for the year 2018. Huawei Mate 20 Pro is powered by a 7nm process chipset with the Kirin 980 and 2 Neural Processing Units. Other than processing power it also provides a fourth-generation image signal processor and an LTE Cat.21 modem. However, all components make this phone a highly innovative mobile phone. Lastly, it uses a long-lasting 4,200 mAh battery.
What is LineageOS?
- Lineage OS is an open-source operating system which can be used in Android Smartphone, set-top boxes, and computers.
- This operating system is the successor of the open-source operating system or custom ROM CyanogenMod.
- It was forked from CyanogenMod’s source code when it announced as discontinued.
- Lineage OS was launched in December 2018. The development builds now covers more than 185 mobile phone models.
- Furthermore, Lineage is one of the most popular Custom ROM with over 1.9 million active installs.
As we have discussed earlier that LineageOs is not available for Huawei Mate 20 Pro. But we will discuss the method of installing LineageOS on Huawei Mate 20 Pro.
- Charge your phone up to 80% to 90%
- First of all backup your phone to prevent it from loss.
- You can use Titanium Backup to make the backup successfully.
- Now make sure you have FRP and Unlocked Bootloader.
- In case if you want to roll back to EMUI 8.0 later you should backup system partition.
- Download the ADB fastboot tool on your computer
Advantages of installing LineageOS 16 on your Mi 8 Pro
- It has a Privacy Guard to control the permissions installed apps can use, which gives the same experience as iOS provides.
- LineageOS provides a Pure stock Android for your Xiaomi Mi 8 Pro which is always up-to-date. Furthermore, it is the main reason why Android users install a Custom ROM.
- The AudioFX app installed in the OS provides which can be used to equalize audio controls.
- Lastly, it has profiles option which can be founded under Settings > Users.
Instructions to install LineageOS on Huawei Mate 20 Pro
- First, Unlock bootloader on Huawei mate 20 pro
- Second, Now go to the recovery and perform “Wipe data/factory reset” & “Wipe cache partition”
- Third, Connect your phone to computer via USB Cable
- Now you can flash the system image using fastboot mode.
- You have to move the system image into adb fastboot extracted folder.
- Now open the ADB fastboot folder then open the command window.
- Type following command to flash the system image – fastboot flash system system.img
- To boot into stock recovery use following command- fastboot reboot
- Now perform a factory reset and enjoy LineageOS on your Huawei Mate 20 pro