Here is How to install Windows 7 on HP Laptops? just follow the step-by-step instructions for a successful installation.
HP is an American multinational information technology corporation headquartered in Palo Alto, California, United States. It specializes in developing and manufacturing computing, data storage, and networking hardware, designing software, and delivering services. HP is one of the world’s top PC makers. The company’s printers and cartridges are a also big part of its business.
About Windows 7
- Windows 7 is produced by Microsoft as part of the family of Windows operating systems. It was available from October 22, 2009, in the market.
- The operating system has been praised by critics and is considered a major improvement over previous models.
- Windows 7 was a major part of the success of Microsoft and As of 2019, 40% of computers worldwide are using Windows 7.
Advantages of installing Windows 7
- It is faster than the previous versions of Windows including Vista and XP in terms of boot-up time and installation.
- Also, the graphical user interface was upgraded in Windows 7.
- Windows 7 comes with the windows defender which provides the best protection to the system.
- It is probably safe from hackers and is much safer than the previous operating systems launched by Microsoft.
- Lastly, programs such as Wordpad, MS office, and paint have been improved.
Disadvantages of Installing Windows 7
- The first disadvantage of installing Windows 7 is that it needs a minimum RAM capacity of at least 1 GB.
- The second drawback is that Windows XP user finds this OS difficult to use so they switch back to XP.
- Many users of Windows 7 have encountered a problem with BSOD.
- Lastly, from boot-up time to launching any application Windows 10 is faster than Windows 7.
Instructions to install Windows 7 on HP Laptop
The process of installing Windows 7 on an HP Laptop is very simple all you need to do is follow some set of instructions and get the result.
- First of all, create a backup of all your files as you may lose all your data.
- THE minimum RAM capacity needed is 1GB
- Download the Windows 7 ISO file from the official website – https://www.microsoft.com/en-in/software-download/windows7
- For installing a 64-bit Windows 7 operating system, we need a minimum of 20 GB.
1. Create Bootable USB Drive for installing Windows 7 from USB
Minimum 6GB USB Flash Drive required to install Windows 7
- After installing Rufus simply select the ISO file from the file manager and accept all settings when the popup window appears.
- Select MBR partition scheme for BIOS or UEFI and If your laptop has UEFI bios then select the other two options.
- For the Filesystem select the NTFS option and select if your PC has UEFI bios then select FAT32.
- The default Cluster size option should be selected.
- Make sure all three options including Quick Format, Create a Bootable disk using, and Create extended labels and icon files are selected.
- Finally, start the process and this software will automatically format and create a bootable USB flash drive.
Change boot-order to boot from USB in HP Laptop
- Turn Off your HP Laptop
- Now connect the bootable USB stick to the port.
- As soon as you click on the power button start pressing the Esc button or any other button provided by the manufacturer to Enter into BIOS.
- From the Menu Press F9 to open Boot Device options
- If you can see your USB device in the Boot sequence select it.
- Finally, Reboot your Laptop
So after we have created a bootable Windows 7 USB and changed the boot order to USB, you need to press any key on the keyboard to proceed.
Now you can select the language to install, Time and currency, and Keyboard and input method.
- Click Next
- Now, select install Now
- Read and Accept the Windows 7 License and Terms
- Next, there are two options available to install Windows Upgrade and Custom (advanced) select “Custom (advanced)”.
2. Decide where to install Windows 7
- A Hard drive is also known as a disk drive that stores data on your computer and partitions divide this storage into parts.
- You just need to select the disk on a new PC which should be characterized as Unallocated Space.
- If the drives have data on it you should delete the data or format it by selecting the drives from the list and click on Drive options (advanced) and then Format from the options.
- Create a partition if your computer doesn’t have any partitions yet
- Now, From the list of hard drives select one and click on the Drive options (advanced).
- Select “New” from Drive options and select the size, and click “OK” (Remember 1GB = 1024MB)
- Once you have selected your preferred hard drive to select it from the list and click Next.
- Finally, Installation of Windows 7 on your HP 250 G6 will begin.
Wait for a few minutes and you will get all-new operating systems installed on your Laptop.
Read some installation guides:
If you have any issue or confusion during installation you are free to ask by commenting