Here is How To Boot From USB in Lenovo IdeaPad 100s? by following the simple guide provided on this page.
About Lenovo IdeaPad 100s Specifications
It comes with a Display size of 11.60-inch with a resolution1366×768 pixels
It is powered by Atom Quad-Core Processor with 2GB of RAM with 32GB hard disk
- It runs on Windows 10 OS and Weights 1.00 kg
What is Boot from USB?
- It is a process of starting a Computer operating system from a USB drive.
- Booting from USB enables to get booting information in a USB rather than using a hard disk or the CD drive.
- All new operating systems support to boot from USB in Lenovo IdeaPad 100s.
Advantages of Booting from USB?
There are many advantages of Booting from USB over other booting options such as DVD and other which are discussed below,
- No need to purchase any blank CD and you can fill your own stuff along with the ISO file.
- USB Drives are reusable
- Faster read and write than CD
- Very convenient and portable
Disadvantages of Booting from USB
- Booting from USB is dependent on the Hardware such as BIOS, motherboard, and flash drive model as it may be working with one computer and refuses to another.
- CD has wider support and USB boot functionality is not available for many operating systems.
Ways to Boot From USB in Lenovo IdeaPad 100s
1. Create bootable USB using Rufus
- After installing Rufus simply select the ISO file from the file manager and accept all settings when the popup window appears.
- Select MBR partition scheme for BIOS or UEFI and If your laptop has UEFI bios then select the other two options.
- For the Filesystem select the NTFS option and select if your PC has UEFI bios then select FAT32.
- The default Cluster size option should be selected.
- Make sure all three options including Quick Format, Create a Bootable disk using, and Create extended labels and icon files are selected.
- Finally, start the process and this software will automatically format and create a bootable USB flash drive.
2. Create Bootable USB using UNetbootin
UNetbootin enables you to create a bootable USB drive for the Live operating system for Ubuntu and other Linux distributions. To create a Bootable Live USB drive follow the instructions below,
- UNetbootin installs the Linux Distros ISO files for you if you want to use your own downloaded ISO file then follow instructions below,
- To use an already downloaded ISO file select the disk image option and provide the location of the file by clicking “…”.
- After selecting the Linux Distribution or ISO file Format your USB drive as FAT32.
- Target the USB drive on your Lenovo IdeaPad 100s and click on OK.
- The process will automatically start and in case the installation doesn’t complete you can reformat USB as FAT32.
3. By using Universal USB Installer
- Using the Universal USB Installer is the easiest way to create a live Linux USB or bootable USB.
- All you need to do is selecting the ISO file, your Flash Drive, and, finally, Click Install.
- The process will automatically start and you will receive a ready bootable USB Flash Drive.
Change boot-order to boot from USB in Lenovo IdeaPad 100s
- First of all, Enter into BIOS and open the Exit Menu.
- Set OS Optimized Defaults as Other OS.
- Or go to the Boot tab and set the Boot Mode to Legacy Support, then set USB Boot to Enabled.
- Press F9 (Fn+F9) to Load Default Settings, then press F10 (Fn+F10) to save the BIOS.
- Plugin the bootable USB Stick.
- Restart PC, press F12 (Fn+F12) to boot from USB disk.