Here is the Lenovo Ideapad 330S Boot from USB guide which can work for Windows and Linux. So without wasting time lets discuss USB boot guide for your Lenovo Ideapad 330S.
What is Boot from USB?
- It is a process of starting a Computer operating system from the USB drive.
- Booting from USB enables to get booting information in a USB rather than using a hard disk or the CD drive.
- All new operating systems support to boot from USB in Lenovo Ideapad 330S.
About Lenovo Ideapad 330S
- Lenovo Ideapad 330S comes with a 10.1-inch display with a resolution of 1920 by 1200 pixels.
- It is powered by Intel Core i7 (8th Gen) 8550U processor with the RAM of 8GB DDR4 RAM and the storage of 128GB.
- The graphics are powered by Intel UHD Graphics 620.
- Lenovo Ideapad 330S has a 2-cell lithium ion Battery with a capacity of 30Whr.
- Lastly, Windows 10 Home 64-bit Edition is pre-installed.
Advantages of Booting from USB?
There are many advantages of Booting from USB over other booting options such as DVD and other which are discussed below,
- No need to purchase any blank CD and you can fill your own stuff along with the ISO file.
- USB Drives are reusable
- Faster read and write than CD
- Very convenient and portable
Disadvantages of Booting from USB
- Booting from USB is depended on the Hardware such as BIOS, motherboard and flash drive model as it may be working with one computer and refuses to another.
- CD has wider support and USB boot functionality is not available for may operating system.
Ways to Boot From USB in Lenovo Ideapad 330S
1. Lenovo Ideapad 330S USB using Rufus
- After installing Rufus simply select the ISO file from the file manager and accept all settings when the popup window appears.
- Select MBR partition scheme for BIOS or UEFI and If your laptop has UEFI bios then select the other two options.
- For the Filesystem select NTFS option and select if your PC has UEFI bios then select FAT32.
- The default Cluster size option should be selected.
- Make sure all three options including Quick Format, Create a Bootable disk using and Create extended labels and icon files are selected.
- Finally, start the process and this software will automatically format and create bootable USB flash drive.
2. Lenovo Ideapad 330S Boot from USB using Unetbootin
UNetbootin enables you to create a bootable USB drive for Live operating system for Ubuntu and other Linux distributions. To create a Bootable Live USB drive follow the instructions below,
- UNetbootin installs the Linux Distros ISO files for you if you want to use your own downloaded ISO file then follow instructions below,
- To use already downloaded ISO file select the disk image option and provide the location of the file by clicking “…”.
- After selecting the Linux Distribution or ISO file Format your USB drive as FAT32.
- Target the USB drive on your Lenovo Ideapad 330S and click on OK.
- The process will automatically start and in case the installation doesn’t complete you can reformat USB as FAT32.
3. By using Universal USB Installer
- Using the Universal USB Installer is the easiest way to create a live Linux USB or bootable USB.
- All you need to do is selecting the ISO file, your Flash Drive and, finally, Click Install.
- The process will automatically start and you will receive a ready bootable USB Flash Drive.
Change boot-order to boot from USB in Lenovo Ideapad 330S
- Enter into BIOS and open the Exit Menu.
- Set OS Optimized Defaults as Other OS or, go to the Boot tab.
- Set the Boot Mode to Legacy Support and then set USB Boot to Enabled.
- Press F9 (Fn+F9) to Load Default Settings, then press F10 (Fn+F10) to save the BIOS.
- Now plug in the bootable USB disk or stick.
- Restart PC, press F12 (Fn+F12) to boot from USB disk.
- Plug in the bootable USB disk (USB Stick).
- Shut down the machine first, then press Novo Button.
- Choose Boot Menu, select boot from USB disk.
- Finally, Reboot your Laptop and install the OS.
More information at Lenovo
Read also –
- Complete Lenovo Ideapad 330S Overheating problem fix
- Common Lenovo Ideapad 330S Problems and their solutions
Read some installation guides:
- How to install Ubuntu on Lenovo Ideapad 330S + Dual Boot Windows
- How to install Windows 7 on Lenovo Ideapad 330S from USB
Discuss any problem on Infofuge and start by