You may have encountered Lenovo Legion Y720 Screen Flickering problem or the screen of your laptop is blinking very often. It is very common and many people have encountered this problem in their laptops.
About Lenovo Legion Y720
- Lenovo Legion Y720 comes with a 15.6 inch Full HD LED Display with a screen resolution of 1920 x 1080 pixels.
- It is powered by Intel Core i7-7700HQ processor with the RAM of 32GB DDR4 RAM and the storage of 2TB HDD.
- The graphics are powered by 6GB GDDR5 Nvidia GTX 1060 GPU.
- Lenovo Legion Y720 has a promising battery life of 5 hours.
- Lastly, Windows 10 Home 64-bit Edition is pre-installed.
Why your Laptop’s Screen is blinking?
The Screen Flickering issue may arise because of either some hardware or software issues. The common cause of this problem is because you are using outdated drivers or BIOS.
To Fix this screen flickering issue in your laptop you can use these quick methods:
- Updating Drivers
- Updating BIOS
- Checking Hardware issues
Instructions to Fix Lenovo Legion Y720 Screen Flickering Problem
1. Update All Drivers
The screen of your laptop may flicker or blink very frequently if you are using wrong or outdated drivers on your Laptop. So, you need to download and replace all the drivers. Make sure that each driver is compatible with your Windows version.
Steps to Update or Replace a Driver
- Press the Windows logo button and search for “Device Manager”
- Click on the search result and take a look at all the drivers
- Now search and Download all the Drivers from Support.Lenovo.com
- To Update, a Driver click on any Device option such as “Batteries”
- Now Click on Microsoft AC Adapter option
- Under the “Driver” tab click on the “Update Driver” option where you can select the driver which you want to install.
- If the problem is not solved by updating the drivers of your Laptop then it may be solved by updating the BIOS.
2. Updating the BIOS
Many problems can be solved by just updating the BIOS. BIOS or Basic Input-Output system is responsible for the communication between the software and hardware of your Lenovo Legion Y720. If the screen of your laptop is blinking then updating the BIOS may help to resolve your problem.
Instructions to Update the BIOS on Lenovo Legion Y720:
- Go to the Lenovo support website.
- Now search for “Lenovo Legion Y720 BIOS update”
- Click on the product and select Drivers and Software on the tab
- Now select BIOS/UEFI and expand this category and then click on the eye-shape button next to the BIOS update.
- Click on the Download button to download the .exe file
- Finally, open the .exe file which you have downloaded and follow the on-screen instructions to install the latest BIOS update on your Laptop.
- Restart your laptop to see the changes
- If the problem is not solved yet then follow the next method.
3. Troubleshoot Hardware issues
If you are not able to fix the screen flickering issue with the methods provided above then follow this method. The hardware is responsible for this issue and this may be a result of a defective cable connection or any other issue.
To troubleshoot your Lenovo Legion Laptop follow these steps below:
- Check that cables in your laptop are properly connected to your screen. If the cables are not connected properly then try to reconnect all the cables.
You may not have the time and skills to check all the issues while your laptop needs to get repaired immediately. You should contact Lenovo and get help from them or get your laptop replaced.
- Lenovo Legion Y720 Black Screen on Startup Problem (Solved)
- How to Factory Reset Lenovo Legion Y720
- How to install Linux Mint on Lenovo Legion Y720 from USB
- Lenovo Legion Y720 Fan Noise or Loud Fans Fix
- How to install Windows 7 on Lenovo Legion Y720 from USB
- Lenovo Legion Y720 Overheating Problem Fix
- How to install Ubuntu on Lenovo Legion Y720 from USB
- How to install Kali Linux on Lenovo Legion Y720 from USB
- Lenovo Legion Y720 Boot from USB guide for Linux and Windows