In this guide, we will explain Lenovo ThinkPad L380 Yoga Boot from the USB guide which can work for Windows and Linux. So without wasting time lets discuss USB boot guide for your Lenovo ThinkPad L380 Yoga.
What is Boot from USB?
- It is a process of starting a Computer operating system from the USB drive.
- Booting from USB enables to get booting information in a USB rather than using a hard disk or the CD drive.
- All new operating systems support to boot from USB in Lenovo ThinkPad L380 Yoga.
About Lenovo ThinkPad L380 Yoga
- Lenovo ThinkPad L380 Yoga comes with a 13.3 Inches display with a resolution of 1,920 x 1,080 pixels.
- It is powered by 1.6GHz Intel Core i5-8250U 8th Gen processor with 8GB DDR4 RAM upgradable to 32GB and 256 GB SSD.
- The graphics in Lenovo ThinkPad L380 Yoga are powered by Intel UHD 620 graphics card.
- Lenovo ThinkPad L380 Yoga has a battery capacity of 45 Watt-Hours and it also supports the quick charge, up to 80% charge in less than 1 hour.
- Finally, Windows 10 Pro 64-bit is pre-installed.
Advantages of Booting from USB?
There are many advantages of Booting from USB over other booting options such as DVD and other which are discussed below,
- No need to purchase any blank CD and you can fill your own stuff along with the ISO file.
- USB Drives are reusable
- Faster read and write than CD
- Very convenient and portable
Disadvantages of Booting from USB
- Booting from USB is depended on the Hardware such as BIOS, motherboard and flash drive model as it may be working with one computer and refuses to another.
- CD has wider support and USB boot functionality is not available for may operating systems.
Ways to Boot From USB in Lenovo ThinkPad L380 Yoga
1. Lenovo ThinkPad L380 Yoga USB using Rufus
- After installing Rufus simply select the ISO file from the file manager and accept all settings when the popup window appears.
- Select the MBR partition scheme for BIOS or UEFI and If your laptop has UEFI bios then select the other two options.
- For the Filesystem select NTFS option and select if your PC has UEFI bios then select FAT32.
- The default Cluster size option should be selected.
- Make sure all three options including Quick Format, Create a Bootable disk using and Create extended labels and icon files are selected.
- Finally, start the process and this software will automatically format and create a bootable USB flash drive.
2. Lenovo ThinkPad L380 Yoga Boot from USB using Unetbootin
UNetbootin enables you to create a bootable USB drive for the Live operating system for Ubuntu and other Linux distributions. To create a Bootable Live USB drive follow the instructions below,
- UNetbootin installs the Linux Distros ISO files for you if you want to use your own downloaded ISO file then follow instructions below,
- To use already downloaded ISO file select the disk image option and provide the location of the file by clicking “…”.
- After selecting the Linux Distribution or ISO file Format your USB drive as FAT32.
- Target the USB drive on your Lenovo ThinkPad L380 Yoga and click on OK.
- The process will automatically start and in case the installation doesn’t complete you can reformat USB as FAT32.
3. By using Universal USB Installer
- Using the Universal USB Installer is the easiest way to create a live Linux USB or bootable USB.
- All you need to do is selecting the ISO file, your Flash Drive and, finally, Click Install.
- The process will automatically start and you will receive a ready bootable USB Flash Drive.
Change boot-order to boot from USB in Lenovo ThinkPad L380 Yoga
- Turn your Lenovo ThinkPad off
- Now connect the bootable USB stick to the port.
- Press the F12 key as soon as the Thinkpad logo appears.
- Now Under Boot Menu choose your USB drive by using Arrow keys.
Now what? Read some installation guides,
- How to install Kali Linux on Lenovo ThinkPad L380 Yoga
- Guide to install Ubuntu on Lenovo ThinkPad L380 Yoga+Dual Boot
Discuss any problem on Infofuge and start by