Here is the Lenovo ThinkPad L480 BIOS Update which can fix the problems you are facing with your Laptop. You can download and install the BIOS update using the guide provided below.
About Lenovo ThinkPad L480
- Lenovo ThinkPad L480 comes with a 14.0 inches display with a resolution of 1920 x 1080 pixels.
- It is powered by Core i7 8th Gen processor with 32GB DDR3 of RAM and 1TB of storage.
- The graphics are powered by Intel HD Graphics 5500 206.
- The battery life of Lenovo ThinkPad L480 is of 45Wh.
- Lastly, Windows 10 Home edition OS is pre-installed.
What is BIOS
- BIOS or (basic input/output system) is the first program that loads whenever your computer is turned on.
- Furthermore, it is a software that controls display, keyboard, drives and more.
- Computers are now coming with UEFI firmware installed instead of BIOS but there is a similar role of UEFI too.
- It is made accessible to a nonvolatile read-only memory chip and whenever your computer is turned on the processor passes control to the BIOS.
Uses of BIOS
One can perform many functions with BIOS UI such as:
- Setting or adjusting the system clock
- For Enabling and disabling some system components and Hardware configuration
- Lastly, Selecting boot drives and Setting password prompts for providing secured access to the BIOS user interface.
Benefits of updating BIOS
- Improve the performance of your PC completely
- Issues with Compatibility are fixed
- Shorten Boot time
Is it necessary to update BIOS
- BIOS is not any big software that can be used to add some new features they have coded to control the necessary components of your PC.
- If your computer is working properly then it is not recommended to update the BIOS on your PC and you will not see any difference in both the versions.
- Also, with new updates, you may experience some new bugs so it is not necessary to update BIOS.
- Lastly, flashing or install a new BIOS is not easy as you think as you have to create a bootable disk and every manufacturer has its own instructions.
Caution: Please Backup your files before updating BIOS
Remember: You are upgrading your BIOS on your own risk and we are not responsible for any damage so Do your own research.
Download and Install Lenovo ThinkPad L480 BIOS Update
Download Lenovo L480 BIOS update
Read also – Lenovo Yoga 720 BIOS Update to Fix some issues