You may have encountered Lenovo ThinkPad P52 Screen Flickering problem or the screen of your laptop is blinking very often. It is very common and many people have encountered this problem in their laptops.
Lenovo Group Limited, often shortened to Lenovo, is a Chinese personal technology company Incorporated in Hong Kong, it has global headquarters in Beijing, China, operational headquarters in Morrisville, North Carolina, US, and an operational center in Singapore. It produces innovative PCs and mobile internet devices.
More information at Wikipedia
Why your Laptop’s Screen is blinking?
The Screen Flickering issue may arise because of either some hardware or software issues. The common cause of this problem is because you are using outdated drivers or BIOS.
To Fix this screen flickering issue in your laptop you can use these quick methods:
- Check if the Task Manager is flickering
- Update an incompatible app
- Updating Drivers
- Updating BIOS
- Checking Hardware issues
How to Check if Task Manager Flickers?
Checking Task Manager can be useful to determine the cause of the problem
Go to Task Manager
- Press Ctrl + Shift + Esc keys on the keyboard at the same time.
- If this shortcut doesn’t work for you then right-click on the Start menu (Windows icon) and in the lower-left corner of your screen and then select Task Manager.
If the task manager is flickering then the driver is creating the problem, If it doesn’t flicker then an app is causing the problem. To check your task manager you can
Updating some Apps
On Windows there some apps which can be causing the screen flickering problem in your Lenovo laptop: Windows 10: Norton AV, iCloud, and IDT Audio. Updating these apps or contacting the company can solve the issues.
Instructions To Fix Lenovo ThinkPad P52 Screen Flickering Problem For Drivers and BIOS Problems
Use Lenovo Tools to Update Your BIOS Automatically
There are two tools that can be used to update the BIOS automatically:
1. Lenovo System Update
Lenovo System Update is a software used to update, and install Lenovo drivers, BIOS, and applications. It is supported on the following systems: ThinkPad, ThinkCentre, ThinkStation, and Lenovo V, B, K, E-Series.
To update your system such as BIOS and drivers follow these steps
Select the product > click Drivers & software > select System Update.
2. Lenovo Vantage
Lenovo Vantage is a new application by Lenovo that makes it simple to update your drivers, run device diagnostics, request support, and discover apps.
If you have not downloaded Lenovo Vantage yet you can use this download link (https://download.lenovo.com/pccbbs/mobiles/lenovovantage_22.214.171.124.zip)
Update it Manually
1. Update Your Display Driver
The screen of your laptop may flicker or blink very frequently if you are using the wrong or outdated drivers on your Laptop. So, you need to download and replace all the drivers. Make sure that each driver is compatible with your Windows version.
Steps to Update or Replace a Driver
- Press the Windows logo button and search for “Device Manager”
- Click on the search result and take a look at all the drivers
- Now search and Download all the Drivers from Support.Lenovo.com
- Expand the Display adapters section, right-click the listed adapter, then select Uninstall device.
- Select the Delete the driver software for this device checkbox, then select Uninstall and restart your PC.
- After your PC restarts, press the Windows logo key + I on your keyboard to open Settings. If that doesn’t work, select the Start button and then select Settings
- From Settings, select Update & security > Windows Update > Check for updates.
- Now Click on the Microsoft AC Adapter option
- If the problem is not solved by updating the drivers of your Laptop then it may be solved by updating the BIOS.
2. Updating the BIOS
Many problems can be solved by just updating the BIOS. BIOS or Basic Input-Output system is responsible for the communication between the software and hardware of your Lenovo ThinkPad P52. If the screen of your laptop is blinking then updating the BIOS may help to resolve your problem. Read the full article on updating the BIOS on Lenovo laptop
Instructions to Update the BIOS on Lenovo ThinkPad P52:
- Go to the Lenovo support website.
- Now search for “Lenovo ThinkPad P52 BIOS update”
- Click on the product and select Drivers and Software on the tab
- Now select BIOS/UEFI and expand this category and then click on the eye-shape button next to the BIOS update.
- Click on the Download button to download the .exe file
- Finally, open the .exe file which you have downloaded and follow the on-screen instructions to install the latest BIOS update on your Laptop.
- Restart your laptop to see the changes
- If the problem is not solved yet then follow the next method.
3. Troubleshoot Hardware issues
If you are not able to fix the screen flickering issue with the methods provided above then follow this method. The hardware is responsible for this issue and this may be a result of a defective cable connection or any other issue.
To troubleshoot your Lenovo Ideapad Laptop follow these steps below:
- Check that cables in your laptop are properly connected to your screen. If the cables are not connected properly then try to reconnect all the cables.
You may not have the time and skills to check all the issues while your laptop needs to get repaired immediately. You should contact Lenovo and get help from them or get your laptop replaced.
Related To Lenovo ThinkPad P52