Here is the complete Lenovo ThinkPad T480s overheating problem fix. Users have just asked for support on Infofuge if you have this similar heating issue in your Lenovo ThinkPad T480s then follow this post.
About Lenovo ThinkPad T480s
- Lenovo ThinkPad T480s comes with a 14-inch 1080p display.
- It is powered by the 8th Gen Intel Core processor with 8GB RAM and 1TB SSD.
- The graphics in Lenovo ThinkPad T480s are powered by Intel UHD 620 graphics card.
- Lenovo ThinkPad T480s has a battery capacity of 45 Watt-Hours and it also supports the quick charge, up to 80% charge in less than 1 hour.
- The pros of purchasing this laptop are fast performance and long battery life while the con is the dim display.
- Finally, Windows 10 Pro 64-bit is pre-installed.
What is the overheating problem in Lenovo ThinkPad T480s?
- The heating problem is generally when the heat is increased in excessive amounts in your Lenovo ThinkPad T480s.
- The resulting heat may damage the internal components of the Laptop and it can also cause a battery draining issue in your laptop.
- But it is apparent to say that electrical devices or components produce heat and fans inside the Laptop help to move the air to keep the components cooled to normal temperatures.
Why Overheating can be caused in Lenovo ThinkPad T480s?
- The common cause of heating can be inadequate cooling which enables components to produce more heat than normal.
- Also, the sound of the fan may indicate the laptop is inefficient to cool the hardware components.
What is the result of overheating?
- Windows stop responding and get paused.
- Also, Games stop responding while playing games.
- Fans become louder and get spinning very fast which may be the result of removing excess heat from your Lenovo ThinkPad T480s.
- The operating system restarts unexpectedly.
- Mouse and keyboard stop responding again and again.
- Some Dust inside the Laptop.
- High-ambient room temperature in Lenovo ThinkPad T480s.
- Furthermore, The laptop needs more power supply.
Instructions to fix the overheating issue in Lenovo ThinkPad T480s
- Removing the Dust and Lint by Cleaning venting in Lenovo ThinkPad T480s: The vents are located under the case to allow the air to pass from there. The vents can get clogged or heat-generated parts can become covered with dust. This dust prevents air to flow around the fan blades which causes the fan to work harder when your Lenovo ThinkPad T480s is heating. However, it is necessary to clean the dust accumulated in the vents.
- Place your Lenovo ThinkPad T480s in a cooler room: Keeping your overheated Lenovo ThinkPad T480s in a cooler temperature can make a difference in temperature. Furthermore, this step is optional so you can move to another step.
- Ensure that your Lenovo ThinkPad T480s has a proper space for ventilation: As discussed above the ventilation of your laptop should be proper. Good ventilation can decrease the overheating problem in your Lenovo ThinkPad T480s. Keep your laptop upright and at the level surface for good ventilation.
- Check for BIOS updates in Lenovo ThinkPad T480s: Lenovo provides updates for BIOS and some other components of your Laptop. Check for updates
- Test for any hardware failures: If all the solutions provided above are not able to fix your problem then you must check for any hardware failures. Also, To fix any bad component on your Lenovo ThinkPad T480s – Contact Support
- Use Low Power mode: In this state, your Laptop will consume less power and will remain cooled. There is a performance mode in your Laptop which should be enabled for resulting in lower system operating temperatures.
Read some installation guides for Lenovo ThinkPad T480s –
- How to install Kali Linux on Lenovo ThinkPad T480s
- How to install Ubuntu 18.04 on Lenovo ThinkPad T480s + Dual Boot
Any other issue with Lenovo ThinkPad T480s– Asking a Question