In this guide, we will explain Lenovo Yoga 520 Boot from the USB guide which can work for Windows and Linux. So without wasting time lets discuss USB boot guide for your Lenovo Yoga 520.
About Lenovo Yoga 520
- Lenovo Yoga 520 comes with a 2.20GHz Intel Core i3-8130U processor with a 4GB DDR4 RAM. It is a beautiful 14-inch 2-in-1 laptop with extraordinary performance and long-lasting battery.
- The durability of this laptop enables feasibility in converting in a tablet which makes a perfect angle of this device.
- Furthermore, you receive Windows 10 pre-installed plus you get a home assistant Cortana.
- With good performance, you also receive 10.4 hrs of battery life which will enable you to work the whole day with a single charge.
- CPU: 2.20GHz Intel Core i3-8130U processor
- RAM: 4GB DDR4 RAM
- Storage: 1TB 5400rpm hard drive
- Display: 14-inch screen with Integrated Graphics
- OS: Windows 10
- Weight: 1.7kg
- Rotation: a 360-degree hinge
What is Boot from USB?
- It is a process of starting a Computer operating system from the USB drive.
- Booting from USB enables to get booting information in a USB rather than using a hard disk or the CD drive.
- All new operating systems support to boot from USB in Lenovo Yoga 520.
Advantages of Booting from USB?
There are many advantages of Booting from USB over other booting options such as DVD and other which are discussed below,
- No need to purchase any blank CD and you can fill your own stuff along with the ISO file.
- USB Drives are reusable
- Faster read and write than CD
- Very convenient and portable
Disadvantages of Booting from USB
- Booting from USB is depended on the Hardware such as BIOS, motherboard and flash drive model as it may be working with one computer and refuses to another.
- CD has wider support and USB boot functionality is not available for may operating systems.
Ways to Boot From USB in Lenovo Yoga 520
There is some software available for creating a bootable USB in your Lenovo Yoga 520. After creating the bootable USB you have to change the boot order to USB which is shown below.
1. Lenovo Yoga 520 USB using Rufus
Download Rufus 3.4
- After installing Rufus simply select the ISO file from the file manager and accept all settings when the popup window appears.
- Finally, start the process and this software will automatically format and create a bootable USB flash drive.
2. Lenovo Yoga 520 Boot from USB using Unetbootin
UNetbootin enables you to create a bootable USB drive for the Live operating system for Ubuntu and other Linux distributions. To create a Bootable Live USB drive follow the instructions below,
- UNetbootin installs the Linux Distros ISO files for you if you want to use your own downloaded ISO file then follow instructions below,
- To use already downloaded ISO file select the disk image option and provide the location of the file by clicking “…”.
- After selecting the Linux Distribution or ISO file Format your USB drive as FAT32.
- Target the USB drive on your Lenovo Yoga 520 and click on OK.
- The process will automatically start and in case the installation doesn’t complete you can reformat USB as FAT32.
3. Change boot-order to boot from USB in Lenovo Yoga 520
- Turn your Lenovo Yoga off
- Now connect the bootable USB stick to the port.
- Hold the volume-down button and Press and release the power button.
- Release the volume down button as soon as the Lenovo logo appears.
- Now go to the Boot configuration option and move USB to the top of the list.
- Finally, Reboot your Laptop
Related – How to upgrade RAM on Lenovo Yoga 920?