Here is the complete Surface Book 2 overheating problem fix. Users have just asked for support on Infofuge if you have this similar heating issue in your Surface Book 2 then follow this post.
About Microsoft Surface Book 2
- Surface Book 2 comes with sleek silver magnesium finishing with a great keyboard.
- The laptop comes with a larger 15-inch screen which maintains 4K quality with 3240 x 2160 PixelSense Display.
- Surface Book 2 is powered by a 1.9 GHz Intel Core i7-8650U Quad-Core processor and 16GB of RAM.
- For storage, it provides 256GB SSD.
- The laptop supports a 6GB GDDR5 Graphics card NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060.
- Furthermore, it has ports including two USB-A 3.1 ports, one USB-C port, a headphone jack, a Surface Connector, and an SD card reader.
- Other then great design and performance it also supports a 1080p Camera.
- Lastly, Windows 10 64-bit OS is pre-installed in Microsoft Surface Book 2.
Read Also – How to install Ubuntu 18.04 on Surface Book 2
What is the overheating problem in Surface Book 2?
- The heating problem is generally when the heat is increased in excessive amounts in your Microsoft Surface Book 2.
- The resulting heat may damage the internal components of the Laptop.
- But it is apparent to say that electrical devices or components produce heat and fans inside the Laptop help to move the air to keep the components cooled to normal temperatures.
Why overheating can be caused in Surface Book 2?
- The common cause of heating can be inadequate cooling which enables components to produce more heat than normal.
- Also, the sound of the fan may indicate the laptop is inefficient to cool the hardware components.
What is the result of overheating?
- Windows stop responding and get paused.
- Also, Games stop responding while playing games.
- Fans become louder and get spinning very fast which may be the result of removing excess heat from your Surface Book 2.
- The operating system restarts unexpectedly.
- Mouse and keyboard stop responding again and again.
- Some Dust inside the Laptop.
- High-ambient room temperature in Surface Book 2.
- Furthermore, The laptop needs more power supply.
How to Fix the overheating issue in Surface Book 2?
- Removing the Dust and Lint by Cleaning venting in Surface Book 2: The vents are located under the case to allow the air to pass from there. The vents can get clogged or heat-generated parts can become covered with dust. This dust prevents air to flow around the fan blades which causes the fan to work harder when your Surface Book 2 is overheating. However, it is necessary to clean the dust accumulated in the vents.
- Place your Surface Book 2 in a cooler room: Keeping your overheated Surface Book 2 in a cooler temperature can make a difference in temperature. Furthermore, this step is optional so you can move to another step.
- Ensure that your Laptop has a proper space for ventilation: As discussed above the ventilation of your laptop should be proper. Good ventilation can decrease the overheating problem in your Surface Pro 6. Keep your laptop upright and at the level surface for good ventilation.
- Check for BIOS updates: Microsoft provides updates for BIOS and some other components of your Laptop. Check for updates
- Test for any hardware failures: If all the solutions provided above are not able to fix your problem then you must check for any hardware failures. Also, To fix any bad component on your Surface Book 2 – Contact Support
- Use Low Power mode: In this state, your Laptop will consume less power and will remain cooled. There is a performance mode in your Laptop which should be enabled for resulting in lower system operating temperatures.
Purchase a Cooling Pad for your Laptop Online
- Ultra-Portable: Slim, compact, and lightweight enabling you to secure your speculation any place you go
- Ergonomic Comfort: Doubles as an ergonomic remain with two flexible tallness settings
- Optimized for Laptop Carrying: The amazing multi-directional metal work furnishes your workstation with a wear-opposing and stable PC conveying surface.
- Ultra-Quiet Fans: Three ultra-calm fans make a commotion free condition for you
- Extra USB Ports: Extra USB port and power switch configuration take into consideration associating more USB gadgets. Warm Tips: The bundled link is USB to USB association. Type C association gadgets need to set up a Type C to the USB connector.
- Microsoft Surface Book 2 Slow Performance Problem [Solved]
- Microsoft Surface Book 2 Screen Flickering Problem [Solved]
- How to install Linux Mint on Surface Pro 6 from USB
- Microsoft Surface Laptop 2 Fan Noise problem fix
- Install Kali Linux on Surface Book 2: Complete Beginners guide
- Microsoft Surface Book 2 Boot from USB for Windows and Linux