We will explain Microsoft Surface Laptop 2 Boot from the USB guide. This process will work to boot all Linux distros including Ubuntu, Kali Linux, and others. So without wasting time lets discuss the USB boot guide for your Microsoft Surface Laptop 2.
About Microsoft Surface Laptop 2
- Microsoft Surface Laptop 2 comes with a 13.5-inch PixelSense multi-touch display with a resolution of 2,256 x 1,504 pixels.
- It is powered by 1.7GHz Intel Core i5-8250U processor with RAM of 8GB LPDDR3 and storage of 256GB SSD.
- The graphics of this laptop are powered by Intel UHD Graphics 620.
- The battery of Surface Laptop 2 lasts for 14 hours and 30 minutes.
- Finally, Windows 10 is pre-installed.
What is Boot from USB?
- It is a process of starting a Computer operating system from the USB drive.
- Booting from USB enables to get booting information in a USB rather than using a hard disk or the CD drive.
- All new operating systems support to boot from USB in Microsoft Surface Laptop 2.
Advantages of Booting from USB?
There are many advantages of Booting from USB over other booting options such as DVD and other which are discussed below,
- No need to purchase any blank CD and you can fill your own stuff along with the ISO file.
- USB Drives are reusable
- Faster read and write than CD
- Very convenient and portable
Disadvantages of Booting from USB
- Booting from USB is depended on the Hardware such as BIOS, motherboard and flash drive model as it may be working with one computer and refuses to another.
- CD has wider support and USB boot functionality is not available for may operating systems.
Ways to Boot From USB in Microsoft Surface Laptop 2
1. Microsoft Surface Laptop 2 USB using Rufus
- After installing Rufus simply select the ISO file from the file manager and accept all settings when the popup window appears.
- Finally, start the process and this software will automatically format and create a bootable USB flash drive.
2. Microsoft Surface Laptop 2 Boot from USB using Unetbootin
UNetbootin enables you to create a bootable USB drive for the Live operating system for Ubuntu and other Linux distributions. To create a Bootable Live USB drive follow the instructions below,
- UNetbootin installs the Linux Distros ISO files for you if you want to use your own downloaded ISO file then follow instructions below,
- To use already downloaded ISO file select the disk image option and provide the location of the file by clicking “…”.
- After selecting the Linux Distribution or ISO file Format your USB drive as FAT32.
- Target the USB drive on your Microsoft Surface Laptop 2 and click on OK.
- The process will automatically start and in case the installation doesn’t complete you can reformat USB as FAT32.
3. By using Universal USB Installer
- Using Universal USB Installer is the easiest way to create a live Linux USB or bootable USB.
- All you need to do is selecting the ISO file, your Flash Drive and, finally, Click Install.
- The process will automatically start and you will receive a ready bootable USB Flash Drive.
Change boot-order to boot from USB in Microsoft Surface Laptop 2
- Turn your Microsoft Surface Laptop 2 off or restart.
- Now connect the bootable USB stick to the port.
- Hold the volume-down button and Press and release the power button.
- Release the volume down button as soon as the Microsoft Surface logo appears.
- Now go to the Boot configuration option and move USB to the top of the list.
- Finally, Reboot your Laptop.
Now what? Read some installation guides,
Discuss any problem on Infofuge and start by