I will show you how to overclock Antminer S9 hydro but before starting with this process I will like to discuss overclocking and this mining machine.
About Antminer S9 Hydro
Antminer S9 hydro is new version of the flagship miner Antminer S9 for mining SHA-256 algorithm coins. This device was introduced by Bitmain as a heat resistant machine by using water cooling system. One and only demerit of overclocking is overheating which may destroy your device by in hydro’s case we can increase frequency more than compared to other devices.
Antminer S9 Vs S9 hydro
Antminer S9 Hydro (18Th) from Bitmain provides maximum hash rate of 18Th/s for mining SHA-256 algorithm coins such as Bitcoin. Antminer S9 gives maximum hash rate of 14Th/s for mining SHA-256 algorithm coins. Power consumption by Antminer S9 hydro is 1728W while for S9 is 1372W because of hash rate and water cooling system provided in hydro. Antminer S9 hydro (18Ths) costs you for $780 and S9 (14Th/s) costs your for $489.
|Model||Antminer S9 Hydro (18Th)|
|Released on||August 2018|
|Size||125 x 190 x 360mm|
|Voltage||11.6 – 13V|
|Temperature||5 – 40 °C|
|Humidity||5 – 95 %|
How to prevent device from any damage?
Ensure not to increase more frequency, start with less option then check stability, temperature, power consumption, and hash rate. To compare new hash rate first note down current hash rate, temperature. Increase power supply unit if necessary. Use external cooling such as Air conditioner or fans.
How to overclock Antminer S9 Hydro
This method was applied in models such as S9,T9,T9+ and currently, method is not tested on this model. In my opinion, this process of increasing frequency should work it not then we may provide you some other method to overclock your ASIC miner. You are free to comment meanwhile experiment this process,
- Login using SSH.
- In browser use IP address of your device to access the web interface of the Antminer. In my case, IP address is 10.21.222.24.
- On login prompt use username as root and password also root.
- After a successful login you will be redirected to your Antminer’s dashboard.
- Select Miner configuration > Advanced settings.
- Now note down current hash rate and temperature and frequency configured by the manufacturer.
- Now go to miner access tab.
- Let’s configure your device Miner configuration > Advanced settings increase frequency from options provided. Don’t increase too much.
- Check new hash rate
- If not works then comment.
Vladimir Changed status to publish