Yes, you can increase the hash rate of Antminer X3 by overclocking this ASIC Machine or by increasing the frequency of this device. In this process, we will remove the auto-tune functionality which Antminer uses to provide a best possible hash rate.
How to increase the hash rate of Antminer X3
Here is the detailed guide for overclocking Antminer X3
But remember that Overclocking will void the 6 months warranty provided by Bitmain.
About Antminer X3 (220Ksol/s) Specifications
- Manufacturer: Bitmain
- Model: X3
- The total hash chips: 180 pcs
- The total hash boards: 3 pcs
- Maximum Hash rate: 220 kh/s
- DC voltage input: 11.60~13.00 V
- DC current input @12V DC: 38.8 A +7%
- Weight: 5.5 kg
- Operation temperature: 0-40 ?
- Storage temperature: -40-85 ?
- Humidity: 5%RH-95%RH”
- Noise level: 76 dB
- Network Connection mode: Ethernet
- Also, Check profitability of Antminer X3
What is overclocking?
Overclocking is the process of configuring the hardware components of the CPU or GPU to derive extra utility and performance than the default. Overclocking is generally done by increasing the frequency of the device.
Results of overclocking: Overclocking results into overheating and in the worst case your device may destroy.
Precautions: Before taking any actions against your ASIC Miner to remember these points:
- Note down current frequency, hash rate, and temperature to measure the change.
- Start from low frequency, perform benchmarking and provide best possible hash rate without harming your device.
- Use external fans or any other cooling system to make the process of overheating cooler.
To increase the hash rate of Antminer X3 you need to install a custom firmware. The custom firmware will increase the capabilities of Miner such as increasing frequency, best autotune and control over fans. These functionalities are often restricted by Manufacturers as overclocking can result in damage. However, currently, there is no custom firmware for Antminer X3.
We have tested this custom firmware on Antminer S9, S9i, and T9.