Antminer A3 (81Gh) is the product from Bitmain for mining Blake2B algorithm with a maximum hash rate of 815Gh/s for the power consumption of 1275W.
For Support – Bitmain
Minable Coins by Antminer A3 – SpaceCash and Siacoin
For overclocking Antminer A3 we will use the similar process we used for Overclocking Antminer S9.
What is overclocking?
Overclocking is the process of speeding up the processor performance of the CPU or GPU. It is done by configuring the hardware components of the computer to increase frequency which is measured in MHz and GHz.
Demerits of Overclocking
Overclocking is method triggering main processor or graphics controller, where systems such as RAM are also involved in this process which leads to an increase in power consumption and fan noise.
Why overclocking is very dangerous?
Overclocking is a very heavy process which triggers main processor or graphics controller where systems such as RAM are also involved. This process goes very heavy resulting in more power consumption, fan noise and increases the amount of heat produced by your ASIC miners. ASIC miners are very efficient but they lack in cooling, mining with ASIC miner requires more power due to this heat increases. In addition, After overclocking it may not be possible for Antminer to handle that amount of heat and may result in losing your device.
- Increase the PSU.
- Use External Fans or AC to cool your device while mining.
- Increase limited Frequency.
1. Increase the power supply.
2. Also, Try to Cool the hardware.
Recommended: Antminer Cooling setup guide and water cooling kit?
The Process of Overclocking Antminer A3 (815Gh)
- Firstly, Go to http://192.168.x.x/cgi-bin/minerAdvanced.cgi (as per your Antminers IP)
- Secondly, go to the Advanced Setting Tab
- Lastly, You should increase your Antminer’s frequency by 100HZ/s.
- Finally, Check new hash rate