We will explain the process of overclocking Antminer G2 by increasing the frequency of the miner.
What is overclocking and why can be harmful?
Overclocking is the process of increasing clock speed or the speed at which a CPU or GPU works. So overclocking is deriving more utility from a device that provided by Bitmain. To overclock any machine we need to increase the frequency which results in increasing clock speed and heating because other hardware components such as RAM are also involved in this process which makes the process more heathen up. Ultimately, if overclocking is not done correctly it may result in damaging your Antminer G2.
Warning- Overclocking will void your 6 months Warranty provided by Bitmain.
About Antminer G2
This miner comes with a maximum hash rate of 220Mh/s for the power consumption of 1200W. Furthermore, it can be overclocked with the help of increasing operating frequency. It was launched in December 2017. In addition, it uses an RX570 ASIC Miner chip for an extraordinary mining performance.
Check its profitability from here
To overclock Antminer G2
- Login using SSH
- Access your IP address in my case IP address is 10.21.222.24, use your device’s IP.
- On the login prompt use username as root and password also root
- Select Miner configuration > Advanced settings.
- You should note down the frequency and hash rate provided by the manufacturer to measure the change.
- For precaution note down the temperature of the device.
- Configure your device frequency increase by 100M select an option.
- Now go back to see the new hash rate.
- If works then appreciate if not then comment.
Read Also, Why Bitmain’s Antminers are the best