Recently, I have purchased a new Antminer S15 which can give a maximum hash rate of 28Th/s for a power usage of 1596W. In order to increase profits and reduce the time of ROI I want to overclock this miner. Since the market is bearish we need to overclock this device. Furthermore, it can be used to mine coins such as Acoin, Bitcoin, Bitcoin Cash, Curecoin, eMark, Peercoin, JouleCoin, Unbreakable, Crown, and Terracoin.
In order to overclock Antminer S15, you need to increase the frequency of your Miner. The miner can be overclocked with the similar process we used to overclock Antminer S9 and T9.
About Antminer S15 (28Th)
Antminer S15 is the latest SHA-256 Algorithm miner from Bitmain. This miner can give a hash rate of 28Th/s for the power usage of 1596W. It was launched in the month of December 2017. Furthermore, Antminer S15 uses a 7nm BM1391BE ASIC Chip to provide an extraordinary mining performance.
- The Miner is manufactured by Bitmain.
- It produces a maximum hash rate of 28Th/s for the power consumption of 1596W.
- In addition, it has a noise level of 76db.
- Also, the connection interface is Ethernet.
What is overclocking?
Overclocking is the process of configuring hardware components to receive extra performance from a GPU or CPU. This process is done by configuring frequency to operate the clock speed of the device. Furthermore, Increase in the clock speed will result into increase your GPU\’s Frames Per Second (FPS).
Advantages and Disadvantages of overclocking?
- The one and only advantage of overclocking Antminer S15 is the increase in hash rate or efficiency.
- Disadvantages of overclocking are an increase in power consumption and heat. In the worst case, your Antminer S15 can destroy.
This tutorial was used to overclock old Antminers such as S9 and T9. It may not work with this model. In case, the method doesn\’t work you may need a custom firmware or a tweaked update.
Remember: Overclocking will void the 6 months warranty provided by Bitmain.
1. Increase the power supply.
2. Try to Cool the hardware.
Instructions to overclock Antminer S15
- Firstly, you have to access the advanced settings option. In case the option is not available, Give a direct call by http://192.168.x.x/cgi-bin/minerAdvanced.cgi.
- Note down the current Frequency, Temperature to compare the change.
- Perform Benchmarking to take out a proper hash rate. The process involves testing the temperature and voltage.
- In my opinion, you should not increase the frequency of miner more than 10% for the security purpose.
- Enjoy the new hash rate