Hey, I am Overclocking Antminer S9i 14TH/s and stuck with configuration. Please provide me the complete solution to configure my Antminer S9i to increase mining efficiency.
Overclocking Antminers should be done very carefully because it may destroy your device and you may lose it. Overclocking Antminer S9i is very easy, just follow simple steps of overclocking. Before starting the process of overclocking you should be aware of some problems you may face after completing this process. Many of you might be thinking overclocking is just a way to increase my mining and efficiency and resulting in incrementing profits. No, results may be hazardous if you frequency increased more than enough. In my opinion, if you are a beginner just keep mining with default config because you should extract ROI first and take some risk with your device, at this time your device is very precious.
Overclocking is the process of increasing performance of CPU and GPU by making customized configurations in hardware components of the device. Miners use to overclock GPU’s to increase profits from mining cryptocurrency. Overclocking is very hazardous if not done properly.
Before Starting the process of overclocking Antminer S9i you should ensure to have a PSU of 2300WATT, and if possible fans to keep your device cool. Bitmain provides 2x 12038 fans; Front fan: 6000rpm, Rear fan: 4300rpm for cooling.
About Antminer S9i
Antminer is one of the most efficient ASIC miners from Bitmain With 14TH/s for $1010, the device is used for home Bitcoin mining.
- Hash Rate – 14TH/s(Max) depending on batch. Variation of ±5% is expected
- Power Consumption – 1290W (13TH/s batch), 1310W (13.5TH/s batch), 1320W (14TH/s batch); at the wall, with Bitmain’s APW3 PSU,93% efficiency, 25°C ambient temp; expected discrepancy of +10%
- Power Efficiency – 94 J/TH (14TH/s batch); at the wall, with Bitmain’s APW3 PSU, 93% efficiency, 25°C ambient temp; expected discrepancy of +10%
- Rated Voltage – 11.60 ~13.00V
- Chips per miner – 189 ASIC chips
- Frequency – Automatically set
- Noise: 76 dB
- Network connection mode – Ethernet
- Cooling- 2x 12038 fans; Front fan: 6000rpm, Rear fan: 4300rpm
- Operating temperature – 0 – 40°C
- Storage temperature– 40 – 85°C
- Operating humidity – 5%RH-95%RH. Avoid condensation
- Weight of the product – 4.2kgs
- Product dimensions – 350mm(L) x 135mm(W) x 158mm(H)
Let’s get started with Overclocking Antminer S9i
This process is been applied successfully with Antminer S9,T9+,R4 on 14TH/s models. Old miners supported ‘Advanced Setting’ option. So, you have to give a direct call to your Advanced Settings http://192.168.x.x/cgi-bin/minerAdvanced.cgi ( you have to change the IP address to your miner’s actual IP address)
- Under Advanced Setting, you can adjust your Miner’s frequency between 100 and 1000Mhz.
- In my case, current Frequency(avg) is 626.61MHz.
- Change your Frequency to 700MHz for safe use or as per your miner can handle.
- Manufactures gives additional support to the device.
- Check your hash rate.
- Enjoy, increased Hash rate.
WARNING – OVERCLOCKING ANTMINERS CAN VOID YOUR WARRANTY!