I will explain to you how to overclock AntMiner U2 USB and process of setting up this device. AntMiner U2 USB is a model of USB miners from Bitmain with hashrate of 1.6GH/s for mining Bitcoin. So, in this tutorial, we will be pushing its hashrate from 1.6GH/s to 2.2Gh/s and make some more profit out of this $50 device.
Before starting with the process of overclocking Antminer U2 I must warn you that your warranty provided by Bitmain will be void. Overclocking may result in overheating which may destroy your device. Don’t overclock more than your device can’t handle. You can use external cooling such as fans to protect your device to get damaged. Also, read – Is it safe to overclock Antminer U2
You can use any miner BFGminer or CGminer no problem. We will be using CGminer on Windows to overclock Antminer U2.
Instructions to overclock Antminer U2
- CGminer at GitHub – https://github.com/AntMiner/AntGen1/tree/master/cgminer This is linkis your resource for CGminer.
- Download this branch of CGminer from GitHub to run on windows – https://github.com/AntMiner/AntGen1/blob/master/cgminer/cgminer-run-windows-20131224.zip
- Now unzip this file in a folder in your computer’s drive and remember the location.
- We need a USB driver such as CP210x USB driver which can be downloaded from this Link – http://www.silabs.com/products/mcu/Pages/USBtoUARTBridgeVCPDrivers.aspx
- Download the driver as per your operating system, if you have 64-bit operating system then run the x64.exe file and x86.exe file for 32-bit.
- Now download Zadig for installing USB driver http://zadig.akeo.ie/
- Now Run the Zadig Executable.
- Now go to the options menu, and select “List All Devices”
- Select the CP2102 USB to UART Bridge Controller
- Now click Reinstall Driver.
- Once the process is done close Zadig.
- Now create a new file AntMiner.CMD on the desktop.
- Check this command file AntMiner.CMD where parameters should be as follows – g:\cgminer\cgminer.exe –bmsc-options 115200:20 -o MY_POOL_URL:PORT -u MY_WORKER_NAME -p MY_WORKER_PASSWORD –bmsc-freq 0781.
- This was the setup of your Antminer U2 now lets come to the process of overclocking your device.
- For overclocking we will change the last line of code in AntMiner.CMD file “–bmsc-freq 0781 “
- We will be using “–bmsc-freq 0781 ” parameter to adjust frequency here are some examples of overclocking – For 1.8 GH/s, use 088, For 2.0 GH/s, use 0981 and For 2.2 GH/s, use 0A81.
- My suggestion is to overclock not more than 1.8GH/s for durability and life.
- If this process not works – check location given in command file, confirm that pool setting are correct, unplug and plug-in back.