I want to overclock AvalonMiner 821 to increase the hash rate of this Miner. In my opinion, increasing the operating frequency by using a custom firmware can help. AvalonMiner 821 can produce a hash rate of 11.5Th/s for the power usage of 1200W.
There is a Controller firmware for AvalonMiner 821 which can help you to control the Miner. The firmware supports frequency optimization and overclocking settings for developers.
About AvalonMiner 821
- Miner is manufactured by Cannan
- The maximum Hash rate is of 11TH/s
- The power consumption of 1200W
- Input voltage is of 12 ~ 12.6V
- It uses an A3210 16nm ASIC chip for performance
- For controlling, miner supports AvalonMiner Controller
- Lastly, the noise level is of 65db
What is Overclocking?
Overclocking is the process of speeding up or increasing the clock speed than official efficiency provided by Manufacturer. In other words, overclocking is the method of configuring the hardware components to obtain extra utility and performance than the default. We have to take many precautions while overclocking any device – check is it safe to overclock ASIC machine.
Advantages of overclocking
There is one and only advantage of overclocking which is the increase in the performance of the Miner.
Disadvantages of overclocking
- Firstly, Overclocking leads to overheating of the miner and which may result in damage.
- Secondly, it will result in an increase in power consumption.
Advantages of custom firmware
- Fan speed control
- High-Frequency adjustments
AvalonMiner 821 Controller Firmware
- You can Optimize the frequency settings on CGminer
- Russian and Chinese language support
- Overclocking support