FutureBit Moonlander 2 is Scrypt USB stickminer, this device is five times more efficient than the previous one Moonlander 1. Moonlander 2 uses Single Scrypt ASIC chip what operates between 2.5 MH/s up to 5.5 MH/s with 2 – 10Watts of power usage. It supports an integrated cooling system with a 25mm fan which will protect our device after increasing the clock speed.
Related: Is overclocking Ram a safe process?
- The maximum hash rate can range from 3MH/s to 5MH/s
- Core Voltage is customizable range from 6 – 1v
- Core Clock can be increased from 500mhz to nearly 1GHz.
- 95% efficiency
- To ensure a wide range of operation heavy duty parts were used
- Latest bfgminer 5.4 is used
- Works with all Windows, Mac and Linux OS based PC’s
- Made in USA
To Download bfgminer for FututeBit Moonlander 2 – click here
Read also – How to set up FutureBit Moonlander 2
Read BitcoinTalk Discussion – https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2420357.
How to overclock FutureBit Moonlander 2?
You can overclock your FutureBit MoonLander 2 by adjusting the frequency of this device using bfgminer command-line function.
- Download bfgminer and UART VPC Driver
- Once you have installed the bfgminer and drivers for running USB miner by the link above. Connect it to the USB port and double click on Start_Moonlander2, the miner will automatically choose the best hash rate for your device and start running on default frequency.
- Edit the start_moonlander2 file to change the frequency, Usage –set MLD: clock=600, set the desired frequency such as 612, 625, 636, 648, 660 and increase the hash rate of your device.
- You can change your global setting by –set MLD:clock=144 to –set [email protected]/dev/ttyUSB0:clock=600 which will increase the clock speed.
Overclocking is very dangerous which result in overheating and in the worst case, your device may destroy.