Innosilicon A4+ LTCMaster is overclockable by 8%. Currently, this machine is giving me the maximum hash rate of 620Mh/s for the power consumption of 750W.
Before starting the process of overclocking Innosilicon A4 LTCmaster you should read – Is it safe to overclock Innosilicon ASIC machines?
What is overclocking?
Overclocking is the process of configuring hardware components of CPU or GPU for receiving some extra utility. Clocking is usually performed by increasing the operational frequency of the device. Overclocking is very harmful and it causes overheating and in the worst case, your device may destroy. Overclocking voids the warranty at it is against the manufacturer. Furthermore, the manufacturer gives the capability to stabilize the device after such tasks.
To overclock your Innosilicon A4+ LTCMaster you have two ways to increase the frequency of your Miner,
- By settings enabling overclocked mode.
- To increase more frequency you need a custom firmware for Innosilicon A4+ LTCMaster.
Overclock Innosilicon A4+ LTCMaster by Settings
First, You have to telnet into your device:
- Use this Code: telnet 192.168.1.254 8100
- Then use Login Details as username: root, password: t1t2t3a5
- To get your current Clock speed you can check for logs by using the code: “find / -name *.log”
- Now logs will be displayed
- Then you can check each and every log using cat
- Now, to overclock Innosilicon A4+ LTCMaster,
- Open your IP address in your browser
- Under “Miner Configuration” Tab
- Under “Frequency and Voltage” increase frequency from default to overclock options.
- Hash rate must increase
Overclocking Innosilicon A4+ LTCMaster by custom firmware
To increase to the desired hash rate you need to install custom firmware. There are many advantages of installing custom firmware such as,
- Energy saving as compared to the stock firmware or original firmware provided by Innosilicon.
- You can add frequency setting per individual chain of the device.
- Updated cgminer
- Adjustable Fans
- Faster startup time of the Miner
- Full control over the miner