To overclock Snapdragon 439 processor powered smartphone you need to have a rooted device, a Clockworkmode recovery installed, and AbyssNote Kernel 1.5 or higher.
About Snapdragon 439
- Snapdragon 439 is designed to support fast downloads and uploads
- Also, stunning graphics and photos with power-saving performance.
- CPU Clock Speed: 2.0 GHz
- CPU Cores: Octa-core CPU and 8x ARM Cortex A53
- Architecture: 64-bit
- Technology: 12 nm FinFET
More information about this Mobile Platform
What is Overclocking?
Overclocking is the process of speeding up or increasing the clock speed than official efficiency provided by Manufacturer. In other words, overclocking is the method of configuring the hardware components to obtain extra utility and performance than the default. We have to take many precautions while overclocking any device.
Read also – Is overclocking Ram a safe process?
Remember: Overclocking can result in damage
Overclocking is method triggering main processor or graphics controller, but systems such as RAM are also involved in this process which leads to an increase in power consumption and fan noise. Overclocking process heats the components of CPU, due to this many manufacturers gives the extra functionality of safety to deal with operating conditions outside the control of manufacturers. The disadvantage of overclocking your Android phone is overheating and more power usage.
Read also – Is it safe to overclock my Nvidia Gtx 1080 ti?
Instructions to overclock Snapdragon 439 processor
- Download AbyssNote Kernel from XDA-developers.
- Now connect your Snapdragon 439 powered device with Computer with a USB cable.
- Copy the AbyssNote kernel to your SD card’s root.
- Reboot your device and enter into recovery mode and make a backup to serve as the contingency.
- Now select Wipe Cache to give a clean cache while flashing the kernel.
- “Install from Zip card” Select zip file from SD where you have copied the AbyssNote kernel file. Once the selected process of installation will start and will take 5-10 minutes to complete.
- All done, Reboot the device
- Now we have to set up the clock speed of the device. Download SetCPU Set your device’s clock speed.
Read also –