In this guide, we will explain the process to upgrade RAM of Lenovo Yoga 920. Without wasting any time lets start with the process,
About Lenovo Yoga 920
Lenovo Yoga 920 is the flagship laptop by Lenovo. It is one of the best 2-in -1 laptop available in the market. Lenovo Yoga 920 is one of the premium product available in the market with a high price tag.
- A lovely design
- Sound quality is great
- Keyboards are not sound
- It lacks the graphical power
- Lenovo Yoga 920 comes with a 1.8GHz Intel Core i7-855OU CPU
- A RAM of 16GB DDR4
- Graphics Card of Intel UHD Graphics 620
- 13.9-inch FHD (1920 x 1080) Screen
- 512GB PCIe SSD of Storage
- A 720p Camera
- Lastly, the weight of this laptop is 1.37kg
What is RAM?
A Random Access Memory or RAM is a kind of volatile memory located in the motherboard. It is a type of memory which can be accessed randomly and all the information is lost when the computer is turned off. The RAM is usually found in computers, servers, smartphones, printers, and other devices.
Two Types of RAM
There are two types of RAM’s which can be in your laptop, DRAM and SRAM and here are the main differences between these two rams,
- DRAM means Dynamic RAM and SRAM means Static RAM.
- The DRAM is the most common RAM which is used in most personal computers.
- SRAM is faster than DRAM because it does not require refreshing like DRAM. This is the reason why DRAM is cheaper than the Static RAM.
What are the advantages of upgrading the RAM of Lenovo Yoga 920?
There are many advantages of upgrading the RAM of Lenovo Yoga 920 such as,
- There will be a significant increase in the performance of your Lenovo Yoga 920.
- Network Enhancements in your laptop.
- Ease in Multitasking.
- There will be a decrease in the slowdown of Lenovo Yoga 920.
- Furthermore, Gaming performance enhances in your Lenovo Yoga 920.
How to upgrade the RAM of Lenovo Yoga 920?
In order to upgrade or replace the RAM of Lenovo Yoga 920, you have to disassemble the laptop. After removing the back of your laptop you’ll have the access to RAM, SSD, Wi-fi, keyboard and other parts of your laptop. Moreover, here is the step-by-step guide to disassemble your Lenovo Yoga 920.
1. Firstly, Turn off your computer and get started with this process,
Now you have to remove the back cover securing your laptop. There are around 10 screws installed in this MacBook style laptop. Before continuing to the process of disassembly we have to remove the battery from the connector from the motherboard. In addition, Disconnect all the cablings connected within the laptop including Ethernet or modem wire.
2. Search for the memory in the compartment
Now you have to locate for the slot of where the RAM is located. Carefully open the screws from the cover of the memory gently as it will not require any force. Once the screws are removed you can release the latches on the side of the module holder. Lifting should be done at approximately 30-degree angle from the bottom of the surface of the laptop.
Gently slide the module out of the slot. Now you can reinstall the main battery, reattach the connections and restart the computer.
You can watch this video to remove the RAM
Here is the Lenovo Yoga 900 Disassembly Video
Related on infofuge: