In this guide, we will explain the process of upgrading the RAM on Dell XPS 9370. There are many advantages of upgrading RAM which will be discussed here.
About Dell XPS 13 9370
Dell XPS 13 9370 is one the favorite consumer electronics for past few years. It is known for a beautiful design, vibrant screen and strong performance with a good battery life. It has become a consumers choice because it offers a strong performance and a stunning screen in the chassis which looks attractive.
- CPU: Intel Core i7-8550U
- Display: 13.3-inch screen
- OS: Windows 10
- RAM: 8GB DDR3 RAM
- Hard Drive Size: 256GB SSD
- Weight: 2kg
Furthermore, The RAM of Dell XPS 13 9370 can be upgraded from 8GB to 16GB.
What is a RAM?
A Random Access Memory or RAM is a kind of volatile memory located in the motherboard. It is a type of memory which can be accessed randomly and all the information is lost when the computer is turned off. The RAM is usually found in computers, servers, smartphones, printers, and other devices. There are two types of RAM which are discussed below:
There are two types of RAM’s which can be in your laptop, DRAM and SRAM and here are the main differences between these two rams,
- DRAM means Dynamic RAM and SRAM means Static RAM.
- The DRAM is the most common RAM which is used in most personal computers.
- SRAM is faster than DRAM because it does not require refreshing like DRAM. This is the reason why DRAM is cheaper than the Static RAM.
- Your Dell XPS 13 uses an SDRAM which is a synchronous DRAM or an optimized form of a DRAM.
In addition, there are some benefits of upgrading RAM on the Dell XPS 13 provided below,
What are the advantages of upgrading the RAM of Dell XPS 13 9370?
There are many advantages of upgrading the RAM of Dell XPS 13 9370 such as,
- There will be a significant increase in the performance of your Dell XPS 13
- Network Enhancements in your laptop.
- There will be ease in Multitasking.
- There will be a decrease in the slowdown of Dell XPS 13
- Furthermore, after upgrading the RAM the gaming performance enhances in your Dell XPS 13.
- A DDR3 RAM compatible with Dell XPS 13 9370
How to upgrade the RAM of Dell XPS 13 9370?
In order to upgrade or replace the RAM of Dell XPS 13 9370, you have to disassemble the laptop. After removing the back of your laptop you’ll have the access to RAM, SSD, Wi-fi, keyboard and other parts of your laptop. Moreover, here is the step-by-step guide to disassemble your Dell XPS 13 9370.
1. Turn off your Laptop and start with the process of upgrading RAM on your Laptop.
2. Remove all the connections such as power connector and Ethernet Cable.
3. Now you have to remove the back cover of your Dell XPS 13 9370.
4. After removing all the screws successfully you can access the RAM slot of your Laptop.
5. You can see this video to learn disassembly of Dell XPS 13
Now you can upgrade the RAM of your Dell XPS 13 9370. You are free to comment.
In this article, we have discussed the features and specs of Dell XPS 13 9370. The process of upgrading RAM with advantages of upgrading RAM on your laptop is discussed. Furthermore, now you might be aware of the disassembly of your laptop.
Related on Infofuge,