In this guide, we’ll explain the process to upgrade RAM of Lenovo Yoga 520 and advantages of upgrading RAM. Without wasting any time lets start with the process of upgrading RAM.
About Lenovo Yoga 520
Lenovo Yoga 520 comes with a 2.20GHz Intel Core i3-8130U processor with a 4GB DDR4 RAM. It is a beautiful 14-inch 2-in-1 laptop with extraordinary performance and long-lasting battery. The durability of this laptop enables feasibility in converting in a tablet which makes a perfect angle of this device. Furthermore, you receive Windows 10 pre-installed plus you get a home assistant Cortana. With good performance, you also receive a 10.4 hrs of battery life which will enable you to work whole day with a single charge.
- CPU: 2.20GHz Intel Core i3-8130U processor
- RAM: 4GB DDR4 RAM
- Storage: 1TB 5400rpm hard drive
- Display: 14-inch screen with Integrated Graphics
- OS: Windows 10
- Weight: 1.7kg
- Rotation: 360-degree hinge
What is a RAM?
A Random Access Memory or RAM is a kind of volatile memory located in the motherboard. It is a type of memory which can be accessed randomly and all the information is lost when the computer is turned off. The RAM is usually found in computers, servers, smartphones, printers, and other devices. There are two types of RAM’s from which one is installed in your Lenovo Yoga 520, DRAM and SRAM and here are the main differences between these two rams,
- DRAM means Dynamic RAM and SRAM means Static RAM.
- The DRAM is the most common RAM which is used in most personal computers.
- SRAM is faster than DRAM because it does not require refreshing like DRAM. This is the reason why DRAM is cheaper than the Static RAM.
What are the advantages of upgrading the RAM of Lenovo Yoga 520?
There are many advantages of upgrading the RAM of Lenovo Yoga 520 such as,
- There will be a significant increase in the performance of your Laptop.
- Network Enhancements in your laptop.
- Ease in Multitasking.
- There will be a decrease in the slowdown of Lenovo Yoga 520.
- Furthermore, Gaming performance enhances in your Lenovo Yoga 520.
In addition, Lenovo Yoga 520 comes with Windows 10 as a pre-installed operating system. As far as the RAM is concerned it provides a 4GB DDR4 RAM which can be upgraded to 16GB(available slot = 1). The step-by-step guide for upgrading the RAM of Lenovo Yoga 520 is provided below,
- A DDR4 RAM
Lenovo Yoga 520 RAM Upgrade
In order to upgrade the RAM of your Lenovo Yoga 520, you have to disassemble your laptop. After removing the back of your Laptop hardware components such as RAM, SSD, and battery will be accessible.
- First of all, switch off your Laptop and disconnect with all cablings and Ethernet Cable.
- Now open the back by removing all the screws and Finally remove the battery.
- After removing the battery you can begin with the process of upgrading RAM on this laptop.
- You can watch this Lenovo yoga 520 disassembly video for learning this process
- The RAM must be under the metal case which should be removed by using the screwdrivers. Ultimately, you can either replace or upgrade the RAM of your Lenovo Yoga 520.
Furthermore, you can also upgrade the SSD or Hard drive of your Laptop by using the disassembly video shown above.
Related on infofuge