Overclocking Innosilicon is safe to some extent as they provide overclocking options. Manufacturer provides +8% increase in frequency and hash rate which is also performed at own risk.
Define Overclocking – overclocking is the process of configuring hardware components of CPU or GPU to receive extra utility than the default. Furthermore, Overclocking is done on own risk and manufacturer are aware of this fact and build such a machine to survive such conditions.
What are the risks involved with overclocking
- Overclocking will void Warranty of your machine provided by Innosilicon.
- Overheating is the one and the only result of overclocking because other hardware components such as RAM are also involved which makes this process more heated.
- In the worst case, your device may destroy.
- In conclusion, Overclocking increases the power consumption. For precaution, you should increase PSU.
According to Innosilicon,
Products are being tested and certified before being delivered by Innosilicon. Counting from arrival warranty period is for 180 days for parts. You can also leave problems with the message board and technical team will quickly approach you. Furthermore, Damaged parts should be sent with the concern of the company otherwise damage will be the responsibility of the customer.
Warrant of products expire in the following ways –
- Replacing components, demolishing and altering device.
- No proper power supply, voltage surge.
- Circuit board damages with water.
- Complete burned chips and boards.
- Lastly, Excessive overclocking.
How to overclock Innosilicon machines safely
- Overclock properly and check stability.
- Furthermore, Use external fans or air conditioner and just keep it in a cool environment.