I want to increase the hash rate of my Innosilicon A9 Zmaster. I think overclocking may help me out.
You can overclock Innosilicon A9 Zmaster with the help of installing a custom firmware. There are many benefits of installing a custom firmware such as high-frequency adjustments, fan speed control and reduction in power consumption. However, Innosilicon A9 Zmaster provides an overclocked mode in settings to increase the hashrate to some extent.
In this guide, we will explain the process to overclock Innosilicon A9 Zmaster by selecting overclocked mode. There are some advantages and disadvantages of overclocking which should be discussed before.
About Model A9 ZMaster from Innosilicon
This device is used for mining Equihash algorithm with a maximum hashrate of 50ksol/s for power consumption of 620W.
Price – 3999 USD
A9 ZMaster is a powerful Equihash miner from Innosilicon and a few times better hash rate & efficiency than Antminer Z9 or any other Zcash ASIC machine. The hardware has a very low operating cost, high ROI and longevity.
- Manufacturer: Innosilicon
- Hashrate: 50ksol/s +/-6%
- Power Consumption: 620W +/-5%(normal mode, at the wall, with 93% efficiency PSU. 25�C temperature)
- Chip Type: A9 ZMaster ASIC
- Dimensions: 360 mm(L)*125mm(W)*155mm(H)
- Net Weight: 5.92KG
- Fans: 2
- Ambient Temperature: 0�C to 40�C
- Network Connection: Ethernet
Minable Coins –
Zcash, Zencash, Hush
Check Profitability – Click here
What is Overclocking?
Overclocking is the process of speeding up or increasing the clock speed than official efficiency provided by Manufacturer. In other words, overclocking is the method of configuring the hardware components to obtain extra utility and performance than the default. We have to take many precautions while overclocking any device – check is it safe to overclock ASIC machine.
Warning – Overclocking can void your Warranty
Advantages and Disadvantages of overclocking Innosilicon A9 Zmaster
- Advantage of overclocking Innosilicon A9 Zmaster is the increase in the hash rate of your Miner. In conclusion, it will reduce the time of ROI from your miner.
- Overclocking is method triggering main processor or graphics controller, but systems such as RAM are also involved in this process which leads to an increase in power consumption and fan noise. Overclocking process heats the components of CPU, due to this many manufacturers gives the extra functionality of safety to deal with operating conditions outside the control of manufacturers. The disadvantage of overclocking Innosilicon A9 Zmaster is overheating and more power usage.
The process of Overclocking A9 ZMaster
This tutorial was tested on Innosilicon A4+
1. First, You have to telnet into your device:
telnet 192.168.1.254 8100
2. Login Details
username: root, password: t1t2t3a5
3. Then you can check for logs
by using the code
find / -name *.log
4. Logs may display as –
/tmp/log/innominer.log /tmp/log/analys3.log /tmp/log/analys0.log /tmp/log/analys1.log /innocfg/log/miner.log /innocfg/log/upgrade.log
5. Then you can check each and every log using cat
6. After completing the process of overclocking you can check your logs where you will get your current clock speed.
7. Now we have to increase the frequency of our device on Miner General Configuration page
8. Try increasing frequency by 100MHz and try adjusting VID between 22-14
9. Furthermore, This configuration is safe and can give the best hash rate.
If this process starts heating up then use external fans to cool your ASIC machine