Is there any way to overclock Snapdragon 670 which will result into increase in the performance.
To overclock Snapdragon 670 powered smartphone you need to have a rooted device, a Clockworkmode recovery installed, and AbyssNote Kernel 1.5 or higher.
About Snapdragon 670
- Snapdragon 670 comes with Multicore AI engine
- Kryo 360 CPU provides a 15% increase in the performance
- Adreno 615 GPU provides enhanced graphics and 3D gaming experience
- For lighting fast connections, it provides Snapdragon X12 modem
- Lastly, it supports Qualcomm® Quick Charge
- For GPU it has Qualcomm® Adreno™ 616 GPU
- For DSP it has Qualcomm® Hexagon™ 685 Vector Processor
- CPU Clock Speed is Up to 2.0 GHz
- Octa-core CPU and Qualcomm® Kryo™ 360 CPU,
- Lastly, CPU Architecture is of 64-bit
What is Overclocking?
Overclocking is the process of speeding up or increasing the clock speed than official efficiency provided by Manufacturer. In other words, overclocking is the method of configuring the hardware components to obtain extra utility and performance than the default. We have to take many precautions while overclocking any device.
Remember: Overclocking can result in damage
Overclocking is method triggering main processor or graphics controller, but systems such as RAM are also involved in this process which leads to an increase in power consumption and fan noise. Overclocking process heats the components of CPU, due to this many manufacturers gives the extra functionality of safety to deal with operating conditions outside the control of manufacturers. The disadvantage of overclocking your Android phone is overheating and more power usage.
Instructions to overclock Snapdragon 670 processor
- Download AbyssNote Kernel from XDA-developers.
- Now connect your Snapdragon 670 powered device with Computer with a USB cable.
- Copy the AbyssNote kernel to your SD card’s root.
- Reboot your device and enter into recovery mode and make a backup to serve as the contingency.
- Now select Wipe Cache to give a clean cache while flashing the kernel.
- “Install from Zip card” Select zip file from SD where you have copied the AbyssNote kernel file. Once the selected process of installation will start and will take 5-10 minutes to complete.
- All done, Reboot the device
- Now we have to set up the clock speed of the device. Download SetCPU Set your device’s clock speed.