We will explain Samsung Notebook 9 Pro Boot from the USB guide which can work for Windows and Linux. So without wasting time lets discuss the USB boot guide for your Samsung Notebook 9 Pro.
What is Boot from USB?
- It is a process of starting a Computer operating system from the USB drive.
- Booting from USB enables us to get booting information in a USB rather than using a hard disk or the CD drive.
- All new operating systems support to boot from USB in Samsung Notebook 9 Pro.
About Samsung Notebook 9 Pro
- Samsung Notebook 9 Pro is a stylish laptop with a 13.3-inch 1080p Display.
- It is powered by the Intel Core i7-8565U processor with 8GB LPDDR3 of RAM and 256GB SSD for storage.
- Lastly, it has a fast-charging battery of 55Wh.
- Manufacturer: Samsung
- CPU: 1.8GHz Intel Core i7-8550U quad-core processor
- RAM: 16GB DDR4
- Graphics: Nvidia GeForce MX150 2GB with Intel UHD Graphics 620
- Storage: 512GB SSD
- Screen: 15-inch HD Screen
- Camera: 720p HD webcam
- Connectivity: Wifi, Bluetooth 4.1
- Weight: 1.28kg
Advantages of Booting from USB?
There are many advantages of Booting from USB over other booting options such as DVD and other which are discussed below,
- No need to purchase any blank CD and you can fill your own stuff along with the ISO file.
- USB Drives are reusable
- Faster read and write than CD
- Very convenient and portable
Disadvantages of Booting from USB
- Booting from USB is depended on the Hardware such as BIOS, motherboard and flash drive model as it may be working with one computer and refuses to another.
- CD has wider support and USB boot functionality is not available for may operating systems.
Ways to Boot From USB in Samsung Notebook 9 Pro
1. Samsung Notebook 9 Pro USB using Rufus
- After installing Rufus simply select the ISO file from the file manager and accept all settings when the popup window appears.
- Select the MBR partition scheme for BIOS or UEFI and If your laptop has UEFI bios then select the other two options.
- For the Filesystem select NTFS option and select if your PC has UEFI bios then select FAT32.
- The default Cluster size option should be selected.
- Make sure all three options including Quick Format, Create a Bootable disk using and Create extended labels and icon files are selected.
- Finally, start the process and this software will automatically format and create a bootable USB flash drive.
2. Samsung Notebook 9 Pro Boot from USB using Unetbootin
UNetbootin enables you to create a bootable USB drive for the Live operating system for Ubuntu and other Linux distributions. To create a Bootable Live USB drive follow the instructions below,
- UNetbootin installs the Linux Distros ISO files for you if you want to use your own downloaded ISO file then follow instructions below,
- To use already downloaded ISO file select the disk image option and provide the location of the file by clicking “…”.
- After selecting the Linux Distribution or ISO file Format your USB drive as FAT32.
- Target the USB drive on your Samsung Notebook 9 Pro and click on OK.
- The process will automatically start and in case the installation doesn’t complete you can reformat USB as FAT32.
3. By using Universal USB Installer
- Using the Universal USB Installer is the easiest way to create a live Linux USB or bootable USB.
- All you need to do is selecting the ISO file, your Flash Drive and, finally, Click Install.
- The process will automatically start and you will receive a ready bootable USB Flash Drive.
Change boot-order to boot from USB in Samsung Notebook 9 Pro
- Turn your Samsung Notebook 9 Pro off or restart and press F10 or F2 key to enter into BIOS.
- The Boot Menu screen will display options such as SD Card and USB drive.
- Finally, change the boot order to USB and Reboot.
Now what? Read some installation guides,
- How to install Kali Linux on Samsung Notebook 9 Pro
- How to install Ubuntu on Samsung Notebook 9 Pro + Dual Boot
Discuss any problem on Infofuge and start by