Many Microsoft users have seen this error – “The Clipboard cannot be emptied. Another program may be using the clipboard.” while attempting copy and paste operations in Excel.
So when this error is displayed there is a possibility that the plugin which has been recently installed has decided to take over your clipboard. So here are a few things which can be checked.
Possible Causes which can cause “The clipboard cannot be emptied….” error
1. Browser Plugins
You may have recently installed a plugin in your Internet browser such as Internet Explorer, Chrome, and Firefox which may be utilizing your clipboard.
2. Office Plugin
There may be a plugin installed in your Microsoft office, To check please follow the instructions given below:
- Select “File” > “Options“.
- Select “Add-ins” on the left pane.
- Look under the “Active Application Add-ins” for any plugin which may be possibly causing this issue. If you find anything that’s can be causing it, select the “Go” button, then uncheck or remove the plugin.
- If issue not fix then continue on the next possible cause
3. Newly Installed Applications
Did you installed any application recently, if yes then
- Open your Control panel
- Select “Programs” option > “Uninstall a Program”
- Now sort the list by “Installed On” option. If a new program is installed try to uninstall it and then check if the issue is fixed. You have to do some experiments to fix this issue.