Here is How To Unlock Bootloader on your Samsung Galaxy M12 or OEM Unlock, all you need to do is follow some simple steps and your phone will be free from the locks.
About Samsung Galaxy M12
Samsung Galaxy M12 is a budget smartphone launched by Samsung. This smartphone has a 6.4-inch FHD+ Infinity-O display and the aspect ratio is 19:5:9. And talking about the camera, the Samsung Galaxy M12 has a 48 MP main shooter camera with an 8 MP ultra snapper and then 5 MP camera for depth.
Moving to CPU, Samsung Galaxy M12 has an Exynos 9611 octa-core CPU which is clocked at 2.3 GHz paired with 4GB or 6GB RAM, and 64/128 GB expandable storage. And Samsung M21 comes with a 6000 mAh battery and also supports 15W wired charging.
Samsung Galaxy M12 Quick Specs
|Display||6.4 inches Super AMOLED capacitive touchscreen Display. pixel resolution is 1080 x 2340.|
|Processor||It is equipped with the Exynos 9611 octa-core 2.3 GHz processor.|
|Rear Camera||Triple- 48 MP+ 8 MP+ 5 MP|
|Front Camera||Single- 20 MP|
|Battery||6000 mAh Li-Po battery|
|Operating System||Android 10, One UI 2|
Why Unlock Bootloader?
Unlocking Bootloader is simply removing the security lock provided by the manufacturer. Manufacturers secure your device by creating a bootloader lock for their smartphones.
After unlocking the bootloader your phone can enter into recovery mode, and without unlocking you can’t boot and flash any custom ROM on the device.
The main reason behind this lock is that users can’t alter their official stock ROM, and stay to the OS provided officially on the phone.
There are some advantages and disadvantages of unlocking the bootloader on your Samsung Galaxy M12. So please read these points given below carefully.
Advantages of Unlocking Bootloader
There are some main advantages of unlocking the bootloader on any Android device. There must be anyone reason you are reading this guide.
- Root your phone after Unlocking Bootloader.
- You can flash Custom ROMs or Recovery on your smartphone.
- More options will be available for customizing the phone
- Easily Flash various Software/firmware to your device.
Disadvantages of Unlocking Bootloader
- The phone’s Warranty will be lost but you can get it back by unrooting and by completely restoring the stock ROM.
- During flashing, files may Brick your phone.
- After unlocking the bootloader of your smartphone you may not receive OTA Updates
- You may face errors while using some Google Apps such as the Google Play store or YouTube.
Warning: All the tutorials/ guides shown in this blog are not tested for each and every smartphone. As the process of unlocking the bootloader is almost same for any device.
Infofuge.com is not responsible for loss and damage to your smartphone. Try these methods with your own risk!
How To Unlock Bootloader in Samsung Galaxy M12?
Follow some straightforward steps and your phone will be free from any restrictions provided by the manufacturer. We have provided 2 methods in case one method is not working for your device. In case, the required setting for method 1 is not provided on your phone you can always choose the second method, you won’t be stuck anywhere if you are choosing the second one.
This method is straightforward as you won’t require a PC/Laptop to perform the steps. All the steps can be performed within the device itself.
- First, backup the Android device completely.
- Enable the Developer Options on your Samsung Galaxy M12 device.
- Go to the phone Settings menu.
- Scroll down to the bottom part and tap on About Phone → tap on Build Number 7 times continuously.
- Now, Go back to the main Settings menu again and scroll down.
- Tap on the Developer options → to enable the “OEM Unlocking” option.
- All done. You have successfully unlocked the bootloader on your Samsung Galaxy M12!
If you cannot see the “OEM Unlock” option on Samsung Galaxy M12, you can follow the below steps.
1. First Setup ADB and Fastboot Drivers on your PC/Laptop. follow the below steps:
- Download ADB and Fastboot Tool
- Extract It and Run It
- Next, Press Y/Yes to install ADB and Fastboot or N/No to skip
- Press Y/Yes to install ADB system-wide or N/No for current users only
- Again Press Y/Yes to install Drivers or N/No to skip
- Continue Driver installation
// Source: xda-developers.com
2. Connect Your Samsung Galaxy M12 to your PC via the original USB Cable.
3. Open the ADB folder. It will be located in this location C:\adb.
4. Now open CMD by typing “cmd” on Address Bar and Hit Enter, as shown in the screenshot below.
5. Once the Command Window is opened, type the following commands.
- Hit Enter, you will see some random string that means your phone is connected successfully to pc. Next type in
fastboot oem unlock
- Hit Enter, This command will unlock your Samsung Galaxy M12 Bootloader. Next type
- This will reboot your phone.
6. Congratulations! You have successfully Unlocked the Bootloader on the Samsung Galaxy Z Fold. I hope this guide helps you to unlock the bootloader on your phone, feel free to comment down below if you have any queries regarding this guide.
Now you can install TWRP Recovery on your Samsung Galaxy M12 (TWRP File May Or May Not Be available as per the development). Furthermore, there is so much more to do after unlocking the bootloader such as rooting and installing custom ROMs on Samsung Galaxy M12.