We will explain Xiaomi Mi Notebook Pro Boot from the USB guide which can work for Windows and Linux. So without wasting time lets discuss USB boot guide for your Xiaomi Mi Notebook Pro.
About Xiaomi Mi Notebook Pro
- Xiaomi Mi Notebook Pro comes with a 15.6-inches FHD with a resolution of 1920 x 1080 pixels.
- It is powered by Intel Kaby Lake Core i7-8550U Processor
8GB & 16GB DDR4 2400 MHz RAM, and 256GB SSD storage.
- The graphics in Xiaomi Mi Notebook Pro are powered by NVIDIA GeForce MX150 2GB.
- Xiaomi Mi Notebook Pro is powered by an 8000 mAh battery.
- Finally, Windows 10 Home 64-bit is pre-installed.
What is Boot from USB?
- It is a process of starting a Computer operating system from the USB drive.
- Booting from USB enables to get booting information in a USB rather than using a hard disk or the CD drive.
- All new operating systems support to boot from USB in Xiaomi Mi Notebook Pro.
Advantages of Booting from USB?
There are many advantages of Booting from USB over other booting options such as DVD and other which are discussed below,
- No need to purchase any blank CD and you can fill your own stuff along with the ISO file.
- USB Drives are reusable
- Faster read and write than CD
- Very convenient and portable
Disadvantages of Booting from USB
- Booting from USB is depended on the Hardware such as BIOS, motherboard and flash drive model as it may be working with one computer and refuses to another.
- CD has wider support and USB boot functionality is not available for may operating systems.
Ways to Boot From USB in Xiaomi Mi Notebook Pro
1. Xiaomi Mi Notebook Pro Boot from USB using Rufus
- After installing Rufus simply select the ISO file from the file manager and accept all settings when the popup window appears.
- Select the MBR partition scheme for BIOS or UEFI and If your laptop has UEFI bios then select the other two options.
- For the Filesystem select NTFS option and select if your PC has UEFI bios then select FAT32.
- The default Cluster size option should be selected.
- Make sure all three options including Quick Format, Create a Bootable disk using and Create extended labels and icon files are selected.
- Finally, start the process and this software will automatically format and create a bootable USB flash drive.
2. Xiaomi Mi Notebook Pro Boot from USB using Unetbootin
UNetbootin enables you to create a bootable USB drive for the Live operating system for Ubuntu and other Linux distributions. To create a Bootable Live USB drive follow the instructions below,
- UNetbootin installs the Linux Distros ISO files for you if you want to use your own downloaded ISO file then follow instructions below,
- To use already downloaded ISO file select the disk image option and provide the location of the file by clicking “…”.
- After selecting the Linux Distribution or ISO file Format your USB drive as FAT32.
- Target the USB drive on your Xiaomi Mi Notebook Pro and click on OK.
- The process will automatically start and in case the installation doesn’t complete you can reformat USB as FAT32.
3. By using Universal USB Installer
- Using Universal USB Installer is the easiest way to create a live Linux USB or bootable USB on your Xiaomi Mi Notebook Pro.
- All you need to do is selecting the ISO file, your Flash Drive and, finally, Click Install.
- The process will automatically start and you will receive a ready bootable USB Flash Drive.
Change boot-order to boot from USB in Xiaomi Mi Notebook Pro
- Turn your Xiaomi Mi Notebook Pro laptop off
- To enter into BIOS in Xiaomi Mi Notebook Pro you can use BIOS Keys F2 or F12.
- Read the on-screen instructions and change the boot order to USB to Boot from USB.
Some installation guides,
- How to install Windows 7 on Xiaomi Mi Notebook Pro from USB
- How to install Ubuntu on Xiaomi Mi Notebook Pro from USB