Here is How to Install Kali Linux on Dell Inspiron 15 5000. Please follow this step-by-step guide for a successful install of this Linux Operating system on your Laptop.
About Dell Inspiron 15 5000
- Dell Inspiron 15 5000 comes with a 15.6-inch Full-HD Display with a screen resolution of 1920 x 1080 pixels.
- It is powered by the Intel Core i5 processor with 8GB RAM.
- Lastly, Windows 10 is pre-installed with a battery backup of 5-6 hours.
About Kali Linux
- Kali Linux is a Debian-based Linux distribution that is based on security tasks such as Penetration Testing, Computer Forensics, Security research, and Reverse Engineering.
- The operating system is developed and maintained by Offensive security.
- Furthermore, there are more than 600 penetration testing tools included in Kali Linux.
- Lastly, it has many advantages over other operating systems available which are discussed below.
Advantages of installing Kali Linux on Dell Inspiron 15 5000
There are many advantages of installing Kali Linux on your Dell Inspiron 15 5000 which are as follows,
- Advanced Penetration tools available: There are more than 600+ advanced penetration tools available on Kali Linux.
- Open-sourced: Kali Linux is an open-sourced system where all the codes can be easily seen and developed by others. The open development tree helps users to see the development at each and every step.
- Free Tools: This the main reason why people use Kali Linux.
- Wireless support nowhere possible: Kali Linux provides to connect as many as WiFi spots or USB ports at one time. It also makes to be compatible with numerous USB.
- Multiple language support: Multiple language support is not possible in other operating systems where users can get the support of their local language.
- Support for both ARMEL and ARMHF systems: ARM-based controllers like Rasberry Pi and ARMH is supported by Kali Linux.
- Download Kali Linux if you have not downloaded yet.
- Boot the ISO file from USB by following the instructions below.
- Lastly, change the boot order to the USB drive from BIOS settings.
1. To boot from USB
- After installing Rufus simply select the ISO file from the file manager and accept all settings when the popup window appears.
- Finally, start the process and this software will automatically format and create a bootable USB flash drive.
- You can also create a bootable USB for Windows operating system using Rufus.
2. Change boot-order to boot from USB in Dell Inspiron 15 5000
- Turn your Dell laptop off
- It is not necessary to change the Boot Order in your Dell Inspiron 15 5000
- All you have to do is insert the Bootable USB drive in your Laptop and press F12 and boot it from there.
Instructions to install Kali Linux on Dell Inspiron 15 5000
- After booting your USB or CD drive you can turn off your computer and insert the bootable USB in your Laptop.
- Now turn on the PC and continue with the process of installing Kali Linux on Dell Inspiron 15 5000.
- You can either install Kali Linux or run it live by using your bootable USB stick. But Kali Live will not save your data so it’s better to install Kali Linux completely. In case, you don’t want to lose the windows data prefer Dual-Boot Kali Linux Windows.
- Let’s continue with the graphical install option provided above.
- After clicking on continue the image will get installed in the hard drive in your system. Next, it will be asking the hostname where you can provide any name such as Kali.
- Now enter the password for the root account.
- Set the time zone. Now the installer will provide 4 options for the Partition disks where you should choose “Guided-use entire disk and set up encrypted LVM”.
- Select the disk to be partitioned. Either you can keep all the files in one partition or keep all the files in different partitions. If you are not sure about how to create separate partitions then keep all the files in one partition.
- This is the last chance to review all the options you have selected after clicking on continuing the process installing Kali Linux on Dell Inspiron 15 5000 will start and complete.
- Click yes to the network mirrors option NOTE! If you select the “NO” option on this screen, you will NOT be able to install packages from Kali Linux repositories.
- Now install GRUB Boot Loader on the hard disk.
- Finally, click on Continue to reboot into your new Kali Linux installation on your Dell Inspiron 15 5000.
Welcome To Dell Inspiron 15 5000 Kali Linux
- How to install Ubuntu on Dell Inspiron 15 5000 from USB
- How to install Windows 7 on Dell Inspiron 17 5000 from USB
- Dell Inspiron 15 5000 Overheating Problem Fix
- Dell Inspiron 15 5000 Wifi not Working (Solved)
- Fan Noise Problem Fix