Here is the Dell XPS 15 9570 Boot from USB guide which can work for Windows and Linux. So without wasting time lets discuss USB boot guide for your Dell XPS 15 9570.
What is Boot from USB?
- It is a process of starting a Computer operating system from the USB drive.
- Booting from USB enables to get booting information in a USB rather than using a hard disk or the CD drive.
- All new operating systems support to boot from USB in Dell XPS 15 9570.
About Dell XPS 15 9570
- Dell XPS 15 9570 is powered by 8th-gen Intel Core i7-8750H CPU with 16GB DDR4 RAM and storage of 256GB.
- It has a 15.6-inch IPS non-touch screen with anti-reflective coating with a resolution of 1920×1080 pixels.
- The graphics are powered by Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 Ti Max-Q GPU.
- Lastly, Battery is of 97 Watt-hour.
Advantages of Booting from USB?
There are many advantages of Booting from USB over other booting options such as DVD and other which are discussed below,
- No need to purchase any blank CD and you can fill your own stuff along with the ISO file.
- USB Drives are reusable
- Faster read and write than CD
- Very convenient and portable
Disadvantages of Booting from USB
- Booting from USB is depended on the Hardware such as BIOS, motherboard and flash drive model as it may be working with one computer and refuses to another.
- CD has wider support and USB boot functionality is not available for may operating system.
Ways to Boot From USB in Dell XPS 15 9570
1. Dell XPS 15 9570 USB using Rufus
- After installing Rufus simply select the ISO file from the file manager and accept all settings when the popup window appears.
- Select MBR partition scheme for BIOS or UEFI and If your laptop has UEFI bios then select the other two options.
- For the Filesystem select NTFS option and select if your PC has UEFI bios then select FAT32.
- The default Cluster size option should be selected.
- Make sure all three options including Quick Format, Create a Bootable disk using and Create extended labels and icon files are selected.
- Finally, start the process and this software will automatically format and create bootable USB flash drive.
2. Dell XPS 15 9570 Boot from USB using Unetbootin
UNetbootin enables you to create a bootable USB drive for Live operating system for Ubuntu and other Linux distributions. To create a Bootable Live USB drive follow the instructions below,
- UNetbootin installs the Linux Distros ISO files for you if you want to use your own downloaded ISO file then follow instructions below,
- To use already downloaded ISO file select the disk image option and provide the location of the file by clicking “…”.
- After selecting the Linux Distribution or ISO file Format your USB drive as FAT32.
- Target the USB drive on your Dell XPS 15 9570 and click on OK.
- The process will automatically start and in case the installation doesn’t complete you can reformat USB as FAT32.
3. Change boot-order to boot from USB in Dell XPS 15 9570
- Turn your Dell laptop off
- It is not necessary to change the Boot order in your Dell XPS 15 9570.
- All you have to do is insert the Bootable USB drive in your Laptop and press F12 and boot it from there.
Read some installation guides –
- How to install Ubuntu on Dell XPS 15 9570 + Dual Boot Windows
- How to install Kali Linux on Dell XPS 15 9570
Discuss any problem on Infofuge and start by