Here is the complete HP Envy 15 Fan Noise Problem Fix or solution. Many users are facing the problem such as Fan always on and loud Fans with HP Envy 15.
About HP Envy 15
- HP Envy 15 comes with a 15.6-inch display with a ratio of 16:9 and resolution of 1920 x 1080 pixel.
- The Laptop is powered by an Intel Core i7-8550U processor and comes with Windows 10 home.
- It has a RAM of 16GB and for 512GB SSD the storage.
- The graphics are powered by GeForce MX130 in this Laptop.
Common Reasons for Fan Noise or Loud Fan Problem
Overheating problem can make your fans to work harder and spin at a higher speed to remove heat generated from the CPU which can cause noise.
Dust accumulated in the CPU and graphics card can also prevent your Laptop to dissipate heat. Also, it can cause the fans to run longer and make more noise. You have to clean the dust accumulated in the air-vents.
2. Damaged Bearing
A damaged bearing can create a high pitched noise as the fan speeds up, or there may be a grinding noise from a motor whose interior lubrication has failed. If this is the case then your computer may be overheating and the only solution is to purchase a new fan or replace it with the old one.
3. Noisy Hard Drive
There may be a hard drive failure if you notice a loud grinding noise every time your laptop accesses the hard drive. However, if you are also encountering some data errors then the hard disc of your laptop needs to be repaired/replaced in that case.
Instructions to Fix HP Envy 15 Fan Noise Problem
1. Kill all the Processes
- As we have discussed earlier that Overheating can be caused because of the heavy running tasks in your Laptop.
- To close the apps which are digesting your processor you have to open the Task manager.
- To open the task manager hit Ctrl+Shift+Esc, Under processes tab you can close the apps which are more process consumers.
2. Purchase a Cooler
- A Laptop cooling pad helps to reduce the operating temperature of the laptop which is normally used when the laptop is not capable to dissipate the heat.
- The cooling pad will not only reduce the heat it will also provide comfort to the user.
- There are three types of coolers: Active, Passive and Multipurpose coolers.
- Active coolers create an additional airflow around the body of the laptop by using small fans.
- Passive Methods rely on thermally conductive materials such as an organic salt compound.
3. Cleaning Laptop
- Remember Fan noise is the result of heating issue or your laptop is always hot
- All the Dust accumulated will reduce the airflow means poor heat dissipation
- To make things work better you’ll need to clean the vents or your machine physically
- If you Don’t know How to perform this then be careful while taking any action, it’s better to consult someone who is more experienced.
4. Fixing with a Software
- Your HP Envy 15 will allow you to control your fan speed by using a third party software.
- Reducing your fan speed with the software will only going to make your laptop hotter and reduce its lifespan.
- This Software will access all the information in your Laptop in depth. For your HP Envy 15, we will recommend SpeedFan.
5. Approach the Apple Service Center
- If your Fan is still not working then you have to approach the nearest service center of your laptop’s manufacturer.
- Lastly, if the problem is big enough then purchasing a new laptop may be cheaper.
- Complete HP Envy 15 Overheating problem fix
- How to install Kali Linux on HP Envy 13-ah0044TX from USB
- How to install Windows 7 on HP Envy 13-ah0044TX from USB