Here is How to Install Kali Linux On Lenovo Ideapad 320. Please follow this step-by-step guide for a successful install of this Linux Operating system on your Laptop.
About Lenovo Ideapad 320
- Lenovo Ideapad 320 comes with a sleek design with a 15.6-inch panel with a resolution of 1366 x 768 pixels.
- It is powered by an Intel Core i3-7100U processor with 4GB or 8GB of RAM and a 500GB/ 1TB HDD.
- The disadvantages of purchasing this laptop are low battery life and a low-resolution display.
- However, the price of this laptop is $400 which is not worth the specifications provided.
About Kali Linux
- Kali Linux is a Debian-based Linux distribution that is based on security tasks such as Penetration Testing, Computer Forensics, Security research, and Reverse Engineering.
- The operating system is developed and maintained by Offensive security. Furthermore, there are more than 600 penetration testing tools included in Kali Linux.
- Lastly, it has many advantages over other operating systems available which are discussed below,
Advantages of installing Kali Linux on Lenovo Ideapad 320
There are many advantages of installing Kali Linux on your Lenovo Ideapad 320 which are as follows,
- Advanced Penetration tools available: There are more than 600+ advanced penetration tools available on Kali Linux.
- Open-sourced: Kali Linux is an open-sourced system where all the codes can be easily seen and developed by others. The open development tree helps users to see the development at each and every step.
- Free Tools: This the main reason why people use Kali Linux.
- Wireless support nowhere possible: Kali Linux provides to connect as many as WiFi spots or USB ports at one time. It also makes to be compatible with numerous USB.
- Multiple language support: Multiple language support is not possible in other operating systems where users can get the support of their local language.
- Support for both ARMEL and ARMHF systems: ARM-based controllers like Rasberry Pi and ARMH is supported by Kali Linux.
- Download Kali Linux if you have not downloaded yet.
- Boot the ISO file from USB by following the instructions below.
- Lastly, change the boot order to the USB drive from BIOS settings.
1. To boot from USB
- After installing Rufus simply select the ISO file from the file manager and accept all settings when the popup window appears.
- Select the MBR partition scheme for BIOS or UEFI and If your laptop has UEFI bios then select the other two options.
- For the Filesystem select NTFS option and select if your PC has UEFI bios then select FAT32.
- The default Cluster size option should be selected.
- Make sure all three options including Quick Format, Create a Bootable disk using and Create extended labels and icon files are selected.
- Finally, start the process and this software will automatically format and create a bootable USB flash drive.
2. Change boot-order to boot from USB in Lenovo Ideapad 320
- Turn your Lenovo Ideapad off
- Now connect the bootable USB stick to the port.
- Hold the volume-down button and Press and release the power button.
- Release the volume down button as soon as the Lenovo logo appears.
- Now go to the Boot configuration option and move USB to the top of the list.
- Finally, Reboot your Laptop
Instructions to install Kali Linux on Lenovo Ideapad 320
- After booting your USB or CD drive you can turn off your computer and insert the bootable USB in your Laptop.
- Now turn on the PC and continue with the process of installing Kali Linux on Lenovo Ideapad 320.
- You can either install Kali Linux or run it live by using your bootable USB stick. But Kali Live will not save your data so it’s better to install Kali Linux completely. In case, you don’t want to lose the windows data prefer Dual-Boot Kali Linux Windows.
- Let’s continue with the graphical install option provided above.
- After clicking on continue the image will get installed in the hard drive in your system. Next, it will be asking the hostname where you can provide any name such as Kali.
- Now enter the password for the root account.
- Set the time zone. Now the installer will provide 4 options for the Partition disks where you should choose “Guided-use entire disk and set up encrypted LVM”.
- Select the disk to be partitioned. Either you can keep all the files in one partition or keep all the files in different partitions. If you are not sure about how to create separate partitions then keep all the files in one partition.
- This is the last chance to review all the options you have selected after clicking on continuing the process installing Kali Linux on Lenovo Ideapad 320 will start and complete.
- Click yes to the network mirrors option NOTE! If you select the “NO” option on this screen, you will NOT be able to install packages from Kali Linux repositories.
- Now install GRUB Boot Loader on the hard disk.
- Finally, click on Continue to reboot into your new Kali Linux installation on your Lenovo Ideapad 320.
Welcome To Kali Linux
- How to take a screenshot on Lenovo Ideapad 320?
- How to Factory Reset Lenovo Ideapad 320?
- Complete Lenovo Ideapad 320 Fan Noise Problem Fix
- How to install Linux Mint on Lenovo Ideapad 320 from USB
- How to install Windows 7 in Lenovo Ideapad 320 with USB
- Common Problems with Lenovo Ideapad 320 and their fix