A BIOS Password is an excellent way to protect your system settings to be modified by someone stranger. A BIOS password will ensure that your computer has not been in bad hands. A BIOS password will protect your OS by keeping supervision on your OS. However, if you are using your laptop or computer for personal use such as at home or personal office. Then it is not necessary to have a BIOS password on your PC. By removing the BIOS password from your MateBook X, your access to your operating system will become easy.
Huawei is a multinational technology company based in Shenzhen, China. It is the largest telecommunications equipment manufacturer in the World. Huawei replaces Apple as the second-largest smartphone manufacturer in the world After Samsung.
What is BIOS?
- BIOS or (basic input/output system) is the first program that loads whenever your computer is turned on.
- Furthermore, it is software that controls the display, keyboard, drives, and more.
- Computers are now coming with UEFI firmware installed instead of BIOS but there is a similar role of UEFI too.
- It is made accessible to a nonvolatile read-only memory chip and whenever your computer is turned on the processor passes control to the BIOS.
Uses of BIOS
One can perform many functions with BIOS UI such as:
- Setting or adjusting the system clock
- For Enabling and disabling some system components and Hardware configuration
- Lastly, Selecting boot drives and Set password prompts for providing secured access to the BIOS user interface.
Steps To Remove BIOS Password from MateBook X
Shut down the laptop. Wait a few seconds, and then power it on again.
Press the required BIOS key to enter into the BIOS area of your laptop. Press F2 Key, the key varies depending on your MateBook X. Refer to your manufacturer’s manual for further instructions. Alternatively, you can also look for a prompt on the initial boot screen which displays the key you need to enter into the boot screen. Press the key simultaneously to enter into BIOS.
When prompted, Enter the current BIOS password for the laptop
First, click the “Password” or “Security” tab in the BIOS setup menu, and then click the “Supervisor Password” or “BIOS Password” option. Finally, click on the “Change Password” or similar option.
Enter the current BIOS password again, and then press the “Enter” key. When prompted to enter a new password, just press the “Enter” key without typing anything in the password field. Repeat if prompted to confirm the blank password.
Finally, click on the “Save Settings” option in the BIOS menu screen and exit the utility. The laptop should no longer prompt for your BIOS password.
You have successfully removed the BIOS password from your MateBook X. If not then feel free to comment down below, we take your issues seriously and try to fix all your issues.