Here is How to Install Kali Linux on ASUS Vivobook. Please follow this step-by-step guide for a successful install of this Linux Operating system on your Laptop.
About ASUS Vivobook
- It is powered by a 1.10GHz Intel Pentium Quad Core N4200 processor with 4GB LP DDR3 RAM and 64GB eMMC of the storage.
- The graphics are powered by Intel HD Graphics 505.
- It packs a 5MP camera for the rear and 2MP for the front.
- Lastly, it weighs 2.8 pounds.
About Kali Linux
Kali Linux is a Debian-based Linux distribution that is based on security tasks such as Penetration Testing, Computer Forensics, Security research, and Reverse Engineering. The operating system is developed and maintained by Offensive security. Furthermore, there are more than 600 penetration testing tools included in Kali Linux. Lastly, it has many advantages over other operating systems available which are discussed below,
Advantages of installing Kali Linux on ASUS Vivobook
There are many advantages of installing Kali Linux on your ASUS Vivobook which are as follows,
- Advanced Penetration tools available: There are more than 600+ advanced penetration tools available on Kali Linux.
- Open-sourced: Kali Linux is an open-sourced system where all the codes can be easily seen and developed by others. The open development tree helps users to see the development at each and every step.
- Free Tools: This the main reason why people use Kali Linux.
- Wireless support nowhere possible: Kali Linux provides to connect as many as WiFi spots or USB ports at one time. It also makes to be compatible with numerous USB.
- Multiple language support: Multiple language support is not possible in other operating systems where users can get the support of their local language.
- Support for both ARMEL and ARMHF systems: ARM-based controllers like Rasberry Pi and ARMH is supported by Kali Linux.
- Download Kali Linux from the official website if you have not downloaded yet.
- Boot the ISO file from USB by following the instructions below.
- Lastly, change the boot order to the USB drive from BIOS settings.
1. To boot from USB
- After installing Rufus simply select the ISO file from the file manager and accept all settings when the popup window appears.
- Select the MBR partition scheme for BIOS or UEFI and If your laptop has UEFI bios then select the other two options.
- For the Filesystem select NTFS option and select if your PC has UEFI bios then select FAT32.
- The default Cluster size option should be selected.
- Make sure all three options including Quick Format, Create a Bootable disk using and Create extended labels and icon files are selected.
- Finally, start the process and this software will automatically format and create a bootable USB flash drive.
2. Change boot-order to boot from USB in ASUS Vivobook
- Power on your Laptop
- Now Press F2 repeatedly as soon as ASUS logo appears to enter into BIOS
- Now press Tab to boot
- Make sure Secure Boot is turned off
- Under the Boot tab, enable ‘Launch CSM‘ (Compatibility Support Module) and disable the ‘Fast Boot’ option.
- Finally, press F10 to save the configuration.
- To boot from USB Enter BIOS > Go to Save & Exit Tab> Select USB drive/CD-ROM from Boot Override.
Instructions to install Kali Linux on ASUS Vivobook
- After booting your USB or CD drive you can turn off your computer and insert the bootable USB in your Laptop.
- Now turn on the PC and continue with the process of installing Kali Linux on ASUS Vivobook.
- You can either install Kali Linux or run it live by using your bootable USB stick. But Kali Live will not save your data so it’s better to install Kali Linux completely. In case, you don’t want to lose the windows data prefer Dual-Booting Kali Linux with Windows.
- Let’s continue with the graphical install option provided above.
- After clicking on continue the image will get installed in the hard drive in your system. Next, it will be asking the hostname where you can provide any name such as Kali.
- Now enter the password for the root account.
- Set the time zone. Now the installer will provide 4 options for the Partition disks where you should choose “Guided-use entire disk and set up encrypted LVM”.
- Select the disk to be partitioned. Either you can keep all the files in one partition or keep all the files in different partitions. If you are not sure about how to create separate partitions then keep all the files in one partition.
- This is the last chance to review all the options you have selected after clicking on continuing the process of installing Kali Linux on ASUS Vivobook will start and complete.
- Click yes to the network mirrors option NOTE! If you select “NO” option in this screen, you will NOT be able to install packages from Kali Linux repositories
- Now install GRUB Boot Loader on the hard disk.
- Finally, click on Continue to reboot into your new Kali Linux installation on your ASUS Vivobook.
Welcome To ASUS Vivobook Kali Linux