In this guide, we will provide a complete process to Install Kali Linux On ASUS VivoBook F510UA. Please follow this step-by-step guide for a successful install of this Linux Operating system on your Laptop.
About ASUS VivoBook F510UA
- ASUS VivoBook F510UA is powered by the Intel Core i5 (8th Gen) Processor with 8 GB LPDDR3 RAM and the storage of 1TB.
- The graphics are powered by Intel UHD 620 graphics card.
- It comes with a 15.6 inches display with a resolution of 1920 x 1080 pixels.
- In addition, the Laptop comes with Windows 10 Home pre-installed and weights 1.67 Kg.
About Kali Linux
Kali Linux is a Debian-based Linux distribution that is based on security tasks such as Penetration Testing, Computer Forensics, Security research, and Reverse Engineering. The operating system is developed and maintained by Offensive security. Furthermore, there are more than 600 penetration testing tools included in Kali Linux. Lastly, it has many advantages over other operating systems available which are discussed below,
Advantages of installing Kali Linux on ASUS VivoBook F510UA
There are many advantages of installing Kali Linux on your ASUS VivoBook F510UA which are as follows,
- Advanced Penetration tools available: There are more than 600+ advanced penetration tools available on Kali Linux.
- Open-sourced: Kali Linux is an open-sourced system where all the codes can be easily seen and developed by others. The open development tree helps users to see the development at each and every step.
- Free Tools: This the main reason why people use Kali Linux.
- Wireless support nowhere possible: Kali Linux provides to connect as many as WiFi spots or USB ports at one time. It also makes to be compatible with numerous USB.
- Multiple language support: Multiple language support is not possible in other operating systems where users can get the support of their local language.
- Support for both ARMEL and ARMHF systems: ARM-based controllers like Rasberry Pi and ARMH is supported by Kali Linux.
- Download Kali Linux if you have not downloaded yet.
- Boot the ISO file from USB by following the instructions below.
- Lastly, change the boot order to the USB drive from BIOS settings.
1. To boot from USB
- After installing Rufus simply select the ISO file from the file manager and accept all settings when the popup window appears.
- Finally, start the process and this software will automatically format and create a bootable USB flash drive.
- You can also create a bootable USB for Windows operating system using Rufus.
2. Change boot-order to boot from USB in ASUS VivoBook F510UA
- Turn your ASUS VivoBook F510UA off
- Now connect the bootable USB stick to the port.
- To enter into BIOS enter ESC or F2.
- Now into Boot tab disable Fastboot.
- To save and quit press F10.
- Again, press ESC or F12 and change the boot order to USB, Save and Quit using F10
- Finally, Reboot your Laptop
Instructions to install Kali Linux on ASUS VivoBook F510UA
- After booting your USB or CD drive you can turn off your computer and insert the bootable USB in your Laptop.
- Now turn on the PC and continue with the process of installing Kali Linux on ASUS VivoBook F510UA,
- You can either install Kali Linux or run it live by using your bootable USB stick. But Kali Live will not save your data so it’s better to install Kali Linux completely. In case, you don’t want to lose the windows data prefer Dual-Boot Kali Linux with Windows.
- Let’s continue with the graphical install option provided above.
- After clicking on continue the image will get installed in the hard drive in your system. Next, it will be asking the hostname where you can provide any name such as Kali.
- Now enter the password for the root account.
- Set the time zone. Now the installer will provide 4 options for the Partition disks where you should choose “Guided-use entire disk and set up encrypted LVM”.
- Select the disk to be partitioned. Either you can keep all the files in one partition or keep all the files in different partitions. If you are not sure about how to create separate partitions then keep all the files in one partition.
- This is the last chance to review all the options you have selected after clicking on continuing the process installing Kali Linux on ASUS VivoBook F510UA will start and complete.
- Click yes to the network mirrors option NOTE! If you select the “NO” option on this screen, you will NOT be able to install packages from Kali Linux repositories.
- Now install GRUB Boot Loader on the hard disk.
- Finally, click on Continue to reboot into your new Kali Linux installation on your ASUS VivoBook F510UA.
Welcome To ASUS VivoBook F510UA Kali Linux
- ASUS VivoBook F510UA Factory Reset Guide
- How to install Linux Mint on ASUS VivoBook F510UA from USB
- ASUS VivoBook F510UA BIOS Key to enter into BIOS
- Complete ASUS VivoBook F510UA Fan Noise problem fix
- How to upgrade RAM in ASUS VivoBook F510UA
- How to install Kali Linux on ASUS VivoBook F510UA + Dual Boot Windows