Here is How to Factory Reset Dell Vostro 3568?, follow this step-by-step process to Factory reset or master reset which will restore your device to its original state.
About Dell Vostro 3568
- Dell Vostro 3568 comes with a 15.60-inch display with a resolution of 1366×768 pixels.
- It is powered by Intel Celeron Dual Core 6th Gen 3855U processor with 4GB of RAM 500GB of HDD storage.
Full Specs and Review
What is Factory Reset?
- The factory reset is also known as Master reset which is a way to restore the electronic device to it’s the previous or original state.
- This is also an attempt to restore to the settings to its original manufacturer’s one.
- This method effectively erases all the data from the device which is often used to fix an issue.
- Devices include Smartphone and laptops.
- In this process, all the data of the device will be erased while data on the SD card as well as pre-installed applications will not be affected.
- Also, Other devices such as Television and GPS units can also be Factory reset.
Methods to Factory Reset Dell Vostro 3568
Your Laptop can be restored to its factory settings if any of these following ways are applicable:
- A recovery partition is installed on your computer. Also, This recovery partition is usually installed by your PC manufacturer and can be used to restore a computer.
- A set of recovery discs are available for your Laptop. Also, These discs come with your purchased Laptop and can be used to perform a restore.
- Lastly, If you have the original Windows installation disc or bootable Windows USB. Also, This is the original disc which is used to reinstall Windows.
Method 1: Factory Reset by Advanced boot options
- Turn on or reboot the laptop.
- As soon as the Dell logo appears on the screen, press the F8 or F12 key repeatedly until you see the “Advanced Boot Options” menu.
- Now Select “Repair your computer” option.
- The System Recovery Options screen opens.
- Select your keyboard layout, and then click on Next.
- At the next screen, it will prompt for the user name and password. Type your username and password, and then click OK.
- Leave it blank If you’ve removed the admin password.
Method 2: Reset by using Built-in Reset Option
- Once Factory resetting a computer was a very inefficient and inconvenient process but it was improved in Windows 8 and was included in Windows 10 with many improvements.
- To Reset your PC just Go to Settings > Update & Security > Recovery where you will see Reset this PC header; Now click the Get started button to begin the process.
- Now you have two options: Keep my Files or Remove everything.
- Also, Confirm the operation by clicking the Reset button and wait until the process completes.
- Lastly, Make sure you have the plug-in to avoid losing power during the process of factory resetting your Dell Vostro 3568.
3. Method 3: By using the “Fresh Start” Option in Windows 10
- Windows 10 has included a new option to Factory reset the PC by using a Fresh Start option under Device Performance and health.
- You can get started with this option by going to Settings > Update & Security > Recovery page or by searching Fresh start after clicking the Windows button,
- Click the link text Learn how to start fresh with a clean installation of Windows under Fresh Start.
- Click Get Started to proceed.
Why Fresh Start can be better from the above options:
- Fresh Start option always keeps your personal files, with no option to remove them like above.
- Also, The Fresh Start option downloads the latest version of Windows 10 while the standard reset option uses the information from the recovery drive.
- This is provided by your PC manufacturer, or if you installed Windows on your own it must be stored in C:\Recovery folder.
4. Reinstall Windows by using Installation Media
If you are not interested in the ways provided above you can use the method of factory resetting using installation media to install the operating system. This method will wipe everything on your Dell Vostro 3568 and will install a fresh copy of Windows. Learn How to create a Windows 10 bootable USB stick.
- How to install Linux Mint on Dell Vostro 3568 + Dual Boot
- Dell Vostro 3568 BIOS update + BIOS Key to enter into BIOS
- Dell Vostro 3568 Fan Noise and Fan Running constantly Fix
- How to install Ubuntu on Dell Vostro 3568 + Dual Boot Windows
- How to install Kali Linux on Dell Vostro 3568 + Dual Boot
- Dell Vostro 3568 Overheating issue Fix
- Dell Vostro 3568 Boot from USB for Windows and Linux
- Common Problems with Dell Vostro 3568 and their Fixes