Here is How To Install iperf in Ubuntu? with the commands given below. Just copy and paste the commands in your Ubuntu terminal and get this package installed in your computer.
What is iperf?
Iperf is an Internet Protocol bandwidth measuring tool. Iperf is an alternative for measuring TCP and UDP bandwidth performance, allowing the tuning of various parameters and characteristics of the bandwidth.
Features of Iperf package:
- Measure bandwidth, packet loss, delay jitter
- Report MSS/MTU size and observed read sizes.
- Support for TCP window size via socket buffers.
- Multi-threaded. The client and server can have multiple simultaneous connections.
- The client can create UDP streams of a specified bandwidth.
- Multicast and IPv6 are capable.
- The server handles multiple connections.
- Print periodic, intermediate bandwidth, jitter, and loss reports at specified intervals.
- The server can be run as a daemon.
- Use representative streams to test out how link layer compression affects your achievable bandwidth.
How to install iperf in Ubuntu?
Update your Ubuntu system then install this package with the following commands:
sudo apt update sudo apt install iperf