How to install Kali Linux on HP Envy 13-ah0044TX from USB
In this guide, we will provide a complete process to Install Kali Linux on HP Envy 13-ah0044TX. Please follow this step-by-step guide for a successful install of this Linux Operating system on your Laptop.
About Kali Linux
Kali Linux is a Debian-based Linux distribution which is based on security tasks such as Penetration Testing, Computer Forensics, Security research, and Reverse Engineering. The operating system is developed and maintained by Offensive security. Furthermore, there are more than 600 penetration testing tools included in Kali Linux. Lastly, it has many advantages over other operating systems available which are discussed below,
Advantages of installing Kali Linux
There are many advantages of installing Kali Linux on your HP Envy 13-ah0044TX which are as follows,
- Advanced Penetration tools available: There are more than 600+ advanced penetration tools available on Kali Linux.
- Open-sourced: Kali Linux is an open-sourced system where all the codes can be easily seen and developed by others. The open development tree helps users to see the development at each and every step.
- Free Tools: This the main reason why people use Kali Linux.
- Wireless support nowhere possible: Kali Linux provides to connect as many as WiFi spots or USB ports at one time. It also makes to be compatible with numerous USB.
- Multiple language support: Multiple language support is not possible in other operating systems where users can get the support of their local language.
- Support for both ARMEL and ARMHF systems: ARM-based controllers like Rasberry Pi and ARMH is supported by Kali Linux.
About HP Envy 13-ah0044TX
- HP Envy 13-ah0044TX comes with a 13.3-inch HD Display with a resolution of 1920 x 1080 pixels.
- It is powered by Intel Core i7 processor with 8 GB LPDDR3 RAM and 256GB Storage which is expandable to 128GB.
- The graphics are powered by 2GB GDDR5 NVIDIA® GeForce® MX150.
- Finally, Windows 10 Home is pre-installed.
Read More about HP Envy 13-ah0044TX
Read also – HP Envy 13-ah0044TX Problems & their Solutions
- Download Kali Linux from the official website if you have not downloaded yet.
- Boot the ISO file from USB by following instructions below.
- Lastly, change the boot order to the USB drive from BIOS settings.
1. To boot from USB
- After installing Rufus simply select the ISO file from the file manager and accept all settings when the popup window appears.
- Select MBR partition scheme for BIOS or UEFI and If your laptop has UEFI bios then select the other two options.
- For the Filesystem select NTFS option and select if your PC has UEFI bios then select FAT32.
- The default Cluster size option should be selected.
- Make sure all three options including Quick Format, Create a Bootable disk using and Create extended labels and icon files are selected.
- Finally, start the process and this software will automatically format and create bootable USB flash drive.
2. Change boot-order to boot from USB in HP Envy 13-ah0044TX
- To change the boot order in HP Envy 13-ah0044TX
- First of all, turn off your Laptop or restart it
- Then to enter into UEFI BIOS Press F10 or F6 key as soon as HP Logo appears. In case, you have not entered into BIOS restart your Laptop and retry with the F10 orF6 key or other key provided by Manufacturer
- Storage tab, then select Boot Options and finally change the boot order to the USB
- Save, Reboot
Instructions to install Kali Linux on HP Envy 13-ah0044TX
- After booting your USB or CD drive you can turn off your computer and insert the bootable USB in your Laptop.
- Now turn on the PC and continue with the process of installing Kali Linux on HP Envy 13-ah0044TX,
- You can either install Kali Linux or run it live by using your bootable USB stick. But Kali Live will not save your data so it’s better to install Kali Linux completely. In case, you don’t want to lose the windows data prefer Dual-Boot Kali Linux Windows.
- Let’s continue with the graphical install option provided above.
- After clicking on continue the image will get installed in the hard drive in your system. Next, it will be asking the hostname where you can provide any name such as Kali.
- Now enter the password for the root account.
- Set the time zone. Now the installer will provide 4 options for the Partition disks where you should choose “Guided-use entire disk and set up encrypted LVM”.
- Select the disk to be partitioned. Either you can keep all the files in one partition or keep all the files in different partitions. If you are not sure about how to create separate partitions then keep all the files in one partition.
- This is the last chance to review all the options you have selected after clicking on continuing the process installing Kali Linux on HP Envy 13-ah0044TX will start and complete.
- Click yes to the network mirrors option NOTE! If you select the “NO” option in this screen, you will NOT be able to install packages from Kali Linux repositories.
- Now install GRUB Boot Loader on the hard disk.
- Finally, click on Continue to reboot into your new Kali Linux installation on your HP Envy 13-ah0044TX.
Welcome To HP Envy 13-ah0044TX Kali Linux
Read some installation guides –
Problems with HP Envy 13-ah0044TX-