To Overclock Antminer T17 you need to increase the operating frequency of your Miner. If the increasing frequency is not possible then install custom firmware on your Miner.
About Antminer T17
- Antminer T17 is manufactured by Bitmain for mining SHA-256 algorithm coins with a maximum hash rate of 42Th/s
- It requires an input voltage of 220V
What is Overclocking?
Overclocking is the process of speeding up or increasing the clock speed than official efficiency provided by Manufacturers. In other words, overclocking is the method of configuring the hardware components to obtain extra utility and performance than the default. We have to take many precautions while overclocking any device.
Read also – Is overclocking Ram a safe process?
Benefits of Overclocking
Overclocking is done to increase the efficiency and performance of CPU and GPU.
Demerits of Overclocking
The definition of overclocking itself defines that it is an additional requirement from the CPU and GPU than provided by the manufacturer. The process is very risky and the result could be losing the device.
Why overclocking is very dangerous?
Overclocking is a very heavy process that triggers the main processor or graphics controller where systems such as RAM are also involved. This process goes very heavy resulting in more power consumption, fan noise and increases th amount of heat produced by your ASIC miners. ASIC miners are very efficient but they lack in cooling, mining with ASIC miner requires more power due to this heat increases. After overclocking it may not be possible for Antminer to handle that amount of heat and may result in losing your device.
Increase the PSU.
Use External Fans or AC to cool your device while mining.
Increase limited Frequency.
WARNING: OVERCLOCKING CAN VOID YOUR WARRANTY
But still, if you have decided to test this process on your own risk then let’s get started with the process of overclocking Antminer X3 220kh and increase its profitability.
Instructions to overclock Antminer
This process is successfully tested on Antminer T9 and S9 but We have not tested this process on Antminer T17..
- First of all login to your SSH.
- Use your IP address in your browser in my case IP address is 10.21.222.24. So, use the Antminers IP address in your browser.
- On login prompt Username: root and Password: root
- After a successful login, you will be sent to Antminer’s Dashboard.
- Select Miner configuration > Advanced settings.
- Note the frequency configured by the manufacturer.
- The next step is to access the Miner Status tab.
- Now note down the hash power obtained by the device.
- You should record the temperature of your Asicminer as a precaution.
- Perform benchmarking to create a perfect hash rate for your device.
- The process of benchmarking includes testing temperature, stability and power consumption of the device.
- Now you can go back and see your increased hash power in the Miner status tab.
- Congrats, Enjoy more mining rewards.
Read also: How to overclock Antminer S17 Pro (53Th)