To Overclock Bitfury Tardis you have to increase the operating frequency of the Miner. Bitfury restricts high-frequency adjustments so you will need a custom firmware in order to overclock your Miner.
About Bitfury Tardis
Bitfury Tardis is used for mining SHA-256 algorithm coins with a maximum hashrate of 80Th/s for the power usage of 6300W.
What is Overclocking?
Overclocking is the process of speeding up or increasing the clock speed than official efficiency provided by Manufacturer. In other words, overclocking is the method of configuring the hardware components to obtain extra utility and performance than the default. We have to take many precautions while overclocking your Bitfury Tardis.
Read also – Is overclocking Ram a safe process?
Remember: Overclocking can result in damage
Overclocking is method triggering main processor or graphics controller, but systems such as RAM are also involved in this process which leads to an increase in power consumption and fan noise. Due to overclocking many manufacturers gives the extra functionality of safety to deal with operating conditions outside the control of manufacturers. The disadvantage of overclocking your Intel processor is overheating and more power usage. Ultimately, heating will result in decreasing the life span of your CPU.
Instructions to Overclock Bitfury Tardis
- Download and Install Custom Firmware for Bitfury Tardis
- Now Increase the frequency carefully
- Perform Benchmarking to overclock successfully
- Start by increasing 10MHz and measure the change in temperature
- Provide more power supply if needed
- Remember that manufacturers give tolerance capacity to their devices to provide more hash rate than the default.