To Overclock Surface Pro 6 you need to unlock the processor. Since the processor is locked you have to unlock this processor illegally and perform overclocking.
About Surface Pro 6
- Microsoft Surface Pro 6 is known as a 2-in-1 Laptop with a strong performance.
- Also, for its Battery performance which lasts for 9 hours and 20 minutes on continuous web surfing.
- It is powered by 1.6GHz Intel Core i5-8250U processor with 8GB DDR3 RAM and 256GB SSD.
- Although, the laptop is costly the cost is for Keyboard and pencil, 256GB version costs around $1,428.
- So the pros of purchasing this Laptop is an amazing battery, performance, comfortable keyboard and smooth design.
- The graphics are powered by Intel UHD Graphics 620.
- Lastly, there is a con of Surface Pro 6 that USB-C/Thunderbolt ports are not supported.
Any Problem with your Microsoft Surface Pro 6 then you can get a Fix at Infofuge Community Join Infofuge Community
What is Overclocking?
Overclocking is the process of speeding up or increasing the clock speed than official efficiency provided by Manufacturer. In other words, overclocking is the method of configuring the hardware components to obtain extra utility and performance than the default. We have to take many precautions while overclocking your Intel Core i5-8250UIntel Core i5-8250U.
Remember: Overclocking can result in damage
Read also – Is overclocking Ram a safe process?
Overclocking is method triggering main processor or graphics controller, but systems such as RAM are also involved in this process which leads to an increase in power consumption and fan noise. Due to overclocking many manufacturers gives the extra functionality of safety to deal with operating conditions outside the control of manufacturers. The disadvantage of overclocking your Intel processor is overheating and more power usage. Ultimately, heating will result in decreasing the life span of your CPU.
Read also – Is it safe to overclock my Nvidia Gtx 1080 ti?
Since Overclocking is not possible on your Surface Pro 6 we will be using Intel Turbo Boost technology to improve the performance.
What is Intel Turbo Boost Technology?
- Intel Turbo Boost Technology is the feature in Intel’s processors which raises the operating frequency whenever there is high demanding task running.
- Furthermore, the feature accelerates the frequency of the processor when the operating system demands high performance.
- The Turbo boost concept can also be called as “Dynamic Overclocking”.
- This feature is enabled in the processors including Core i5, i7, i9, and Celeron processors.
Remember: Overclocking is never a safe process while turbo boost is always safe.
About Intel Core i5-8250U
- Manufacturer: Intel
- Product Segment: Mobile
- Base Frequency: 1.60 GHz
- Lithography: 14 nm
- Maximum Turbo Frequency: 3.40 GHz
- Cache: 6MB
- TDP: 15W
- Maximum Memory Size: 32GB
- Cores: 4
- Threads: 8
Why you cannot overclock Intel Core i5-8250U?
- A CPU Locking is done to lock the clock multiplier permanently or till the clock limit is not removed.
- So it is a restriction on overclocking or to protect the CPU from further damages.
- These locked models are denoted with ‘K’ in Intel and ‘Black’ for the AMD
- Lastly, If you want to overclock your Intel Core i5-8250U then you have to unlock if possible. Since Turbo boost is not available you cannot increase the performance of this processor.
To Enable or Disable Intel Core i5-8250U Turbo Boost
- To enable or disable Turbo Boost in Intel Core i5-8250U
- Select System Utility screenFrom the
- Enter. and press
- Select a setting and press Enter.
- Enabled: To Enable hyperthreading technology.
- Disabled – To reduce power usage and get stable performance.
- Finally, Press F10
- To monitor your CPU you can download and install CPU-Z and ThrottleStop
- Lastly, the Turbo boost is an automatic function provided in Intel processors.
Read also –